Subject: Sumeria + Currency rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sumeria Leader Card: "When you defeat a barbarian, gain 1 resource of your choice from the supply (in addition to a trade token).

Currency Card: "Your caravans can move into barbarians' spaces. If you move a caravan into a barbarians' space, defeat that barbarian without gaining a trade token.

So the question here is if Sumeria would gain 1 resource for defeating a barbarian using the currency card. We have been playing where the Sumerian player does get the resource token. However, we just wanted some clarification to make sure that if you are not getting a trade token if that would preclude the gaining of a resource token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye75 wrote:
Sumeria Leader Card: "When you defeat a barbarian, gain 1 resource of your choice from the supply (in addition to a trade token).

Currency Card: "Your caravans can move into barbarians' spaces. If you move a caravan into a barbarians' space, defeat that barbarian without gaining a trade token.

So the question here is if Sumeria would gain 1 resource for defeating a barbarian using the currency card. We have been playing where the Sumerian player does get the resource token. However, we just wanted some clarification to make sure that if you are not getting a trade token if that would preclude the gaining of a resource token.

Sounds to me like you're playing correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisian Dreams
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
Welcome to the Dreamlands
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we have been playing it as well, so if it's wrong, we are both playing it wrong. heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickersham
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you're doing it right. I believe the Sumerian power should probably be changed to "Defeat a barbarian through attacking it".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls