Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long story short:
I have the old edition of pandemic + OTB, new (only) version of In the Lab, and just ordered State of Emergency.

I also purchased the 10$ 'replacement' cards to upgrade my original edition of pandemic to be compatible with new expansions.

*Please Note* This is *not* just another thread about the Toronto/Montreal thing (though I will touch on that.)

When I'm combining things down, I tend to jettison unnecessary components and redundancies (or expansion content I know I'll never play) to put stuff in smaller boxes save shelf space. One of the things I did (prior to knowing about a new expansion) was slim everything down into the prettier In the Lab box.

And seriously? A pawn per role? I kept 6 dissimilarity colored pawns and put the rest in storage.

I haven't touched this game in quite a while (the app, S1 Legacy and Cthulhu has tided me over), but I've recently got the bug again.

So...

1) One of the things I did was to rid myself of redundant roll cards. Some of the expansion content modified some of them with new expansion-content functions. I am concerned, however, that I did not take into consideration that some of these changed roles weren't strictly new functions, and some of their original functions may have been changed to compensate the power level. For example, if the Medic got a new ability line, I'm not confident I checked to make sure the original ability line didn't change with the new addition. Is there a master list of all the roles across all expansions? Or can someone confirm that original abilities were not modified with the new versions of them?

2) Montreal/Toronto. I'm a sleever, so I can easily modify the cards if needed. But at the same time... it might just be easier to modify the board itself by covering 'Toronto' with a sticker that reads 'Montreal' and being somewhat geographically incorrect. But not being an expert at the expansion content, I'm not sure which is the preferable. What is the suggested fix in light of the full run of expansion content? (I don't remember anything that could effect this, but something might matter for all I know. Some other card/ability/dice/whatever might reference specific cities.)

Thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 1)
I checked mine as they came out and none of the roles lost their old abilities so you are safe to put the old versions in "storage".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2),
I can't recall anything that specifically references Toronto/Montreal except the player city cards and the infection deck, obviously. I think you're correct that the easiest fix for your case would be to rename on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.