tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
So... Anyone have feedback about the video. Personally. I'm still picking up the game...though I'm a little underwhelmed... It comes off a little boring... And long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilhem Bedos
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely more interested than I was before.

The video is instructive and the game system looks interesting and clever, as well as very reasonably quick to play. I think the game seems long because the people presenting the video explain a lot of things as the play unfolds, but once you know well the rules it should play faster.

My only gripe is about the number of components. Tokens and cards are many and may make for rather long setups, but this was to be expected from FFG...

I will take a very close look to it once it is out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Weiss
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that this video is John from Many a True Nerd, and he says he got a pre-release copy, suggests that Bethesda is serious about marketing. John is a pretty high-profile YouTuber known for his playthroughs of the Fallout games. He’s also my son’s favorite YouTuber, which means there’s now a decent chance he (my son) will play it with me. Huzzah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm disapointed there isn't more.
More enemy tokens & map tiles.
Seems' like those will get 'same-y' first.

More trait tokens & Encounter cards be needed eventually.

Looks like the rest is ok.

more-More-MORE
ready for an expansion(s) already laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for posting. Ignoring the character boards, the game reminds me of Runebound. Especially the card sizes for loot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how the encounter cards are played solo, since the choices are read by a different player as to hide the outcomes from the player making said choices...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
I wonder how the encounter cards are played solo, since the choices are read by a different player as to hide the outcomes from the player making said choices...

The rules (for solo) say you should only read the choices, make a decision, then read the relevant outcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bo Ejdesgaard
Denmark
Odense NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
So... Anyone have feedback about the video. Personally. I'm still picking up the game...though I'm a little underwhelmed... It comes off a little boring... And long!

Sadly, I have the same feeling...

Seems quite fiddly at times with all those tokens moving around.
Also the lack of player interaction seems quite obvious.

Feels more like a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:

Well I was on the fence, after watching the video .. now I want to buy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, gameplay confirmed for me that it is something I'll like. Hopefully can get my kids to play with me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tiberiusdw wrote:
The fact that this video is John from Many a True Nerd, and he says he got a pre-release copy, suggests that Bethesda is serious about marketing. John is a pretty high-profile YouTuber known for his playthroughs of the Fallout games. He’s also my son’s favorite YouTuber, which means there’s now a decent chance he (my son) will play it with me. Huzzah!

Jon's Fallout 3 "Kill Everything" videos are classics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.