Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody knows what the effects of side B cards?
for a hardcore gamers like me I need to know A-Z how the game played, replaybiity etc. before decide to buy it.
In the rulebook I downloaded I cannot find information on 3B, 4B, 5B cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to post the same - interested in the results.

A recent video upload did show the side B for the mill card - I think it gave points/coins for having at least one cottage (this was from memory though) as well as coins/points for each miller as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is written on the pamphlet that comes with the game but not in the rules themselves.

In general, I wouod say it is harder to get points and synergies and timing are more important. On the A side, everrything gives you a ton of points. On the B side, you actually need to work a little for it and think you your moves.

Stuff that gives another effect (such as the witch healing your fallen people) no longer give a ton of points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you have details on those cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alam1000malam wrote:

What Alam is saying is that all the versions of the rules available only show 4 of the 7 "B" sides and not the full set. The rules suggest that the other 3 "B" sides are straightforward to understand from a rules perspective, but that doesn't help in knowing what they actually do.

I guess knowing the rules for all the cards helps in showing how much strategic variability there is in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Muammar
Indonesia
Bandung
West Java
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
alam1000malam wrote:

What Alam is saying is that all the versions of the rules available only show 4 of the 7 "B" sides and not the full set. The rules suggest that the other 3 "B" sides are straightforward to understand from a rules perspective, but that doesn't help in knowing what they actually do.

I guess knowing the rules for all the cards helps in showing how much strategic variability there is in the game.

that's what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
But, but, you aren't allowed to look at the B side until you have played at least 5 games on the A side. At least that's what I was told whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Karlsen wrote:
But, but, you aren't allowed to look at the B side until you have played at least 5 games on the A side. At least that's what I was told whistle

Actually, it says after you have played a few times

I'll upload a picture tonight.

Z-Man's product page doesn't have a PDF of the reminder book. And I can't make PDF's unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made such custom player aid:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phaseshifter wrote:
Karlsen wrote:

Actually, it says after you have played a few times

A few times? I was lied to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
alam1000malam wrote:
Does anybody knows what the effects of side B cards?
for a hardcore gamers like me I need to know A-Z how the game played, replaybiity etc. before decide to buy it.
In the rulebook I downloaded I cannot find information on 3B, 4B, 5B cards.

Mill: Gain 2 points per miller, then each player with at least one witch gains 3 points.

Brewery: Gain one meeple for each millers and brewers, then if you have at least one inn keeper and one Noble, gain 10 points.

Cottage: Gain 3 points per Witch you own

Guardhouse: Gain 2 points for each brewer, witch and guard you own. Then each player with at least one inn keeper gains 3 points.

Barracks: Gain 3 point for each soldier, inn keeper and Noble you control.

Inn: Each Inn keeper you own gives you two points for each character you control at your location with the most characters.

Castle: Exchange up to 5 points for 5 meeples or up to five Meeple for five points. Then gain one point for each noble you own, and for each card in your infirmary.

Infirmary: At end game, lose two points for each character in the infirmary. Then, if you are the player with the most characters there, lose 10 points. (In case of a tie, each player loses 10 points)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.