Hide
5 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Unit changes from original Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ss qqq
msg tools
Can someone that has received their copy of the game note where units changed from their original version during the kickstarter? I hear that Typhoon got significantly changed, and Atlas had a more minor update. Did any other units change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Don't have the game yet but saw from pictures that they made Atalanta pretty much useless by giving both her abilities an AOW cost.

As if she was not weak enough yet compared to the mythology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actually I'd say that most of the units changed, if only slightly. the design of the cards changed and also a couple of RP costs if I'm not mistaken.

Atalanta is anything but useless. But just like any other "weaker" unit, she excels at certain tasks and fails at others. She is not going to take Atlas head-on. this is not her job anyways. Most "blunt" or "brute" units are easy to play. The more sophisticated ones take a bit more cleverness from a player to effectively use them and their benefit is not directly seen from a first quick glance. I suggest you try those units a couple of times in different setups until you see their true value.
Of course in the end it all depends on the strategy you want to play, on the scenario used and on the drafting choice of your opponent(s).

have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
The thing is that you never have as much art of war cards as you'd like, and most units have an ability that does not cost art of war cards.

And if it costs an art of war card to let Atalanta perform her weak attack twice which also puts her in harm's way where she can easily be killed or you have to use art of war cards for her defensive ability, it seems much more lucrative to use that art of war card on a unit who has a more usefull ability to activate with it.

And to just recruit Amazones and Toxotai for the same cost as Atalanta who would be able to give better ranged support and can be recalled.
Toxotai even get an area attack when there's at least 5 of them and that costs no art of war cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, she is not the strongest. But her ability to attack twice for one meager AoW card is nice. Yes it might put her into harms why, but that's why you have other units or even troops with guard to protect her...
in any case she is also not my hero of choice...
I'm just saying she can be a nice (and not too costly) expansion to a "ranged" type of warband...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.