Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all,

regarding archive:
we are trouble understanding atchive. under glossary it says something like "place this card out of play, in the game box, it is lost forever. Unless is something that you record in character sheet or settlementsheet"

1. based on this we understand that fighting arts, once you drawn one at random or search for it in the deck, after you record on your sheet; it goes back into the deck (reshuffle) correct?

2. cards like "love juice" archive to -event symbol- intimicy. This one you dont record on ur character or settlement sheet as direct effect, hence is a 1 time use (put in game box, lost forever) correct?

BUT we cant figure out:
3. debris. when u "scavenge" it, it says "archive this terrain" it means remove the token for this showdown but it can come in the future? or do we actually remive the terrain card from the game and is lost forever? (this would make this deck quite small, but maybe the intention is to decrease the future scavenge

4. some of the gear you make; says archive. so you use it, take the effct and is lost forever?

Regarding intimacy.
We want to confirm that only way to choose (no counting those that might be trigger by events or specfics cards) to have a baby is by rolling intimacy on the table in the "organ grider" (btw lol lol) correct?

this been answered, thanks!!

regarding principles and new survivors:
a new survivor is determine for when i made it character sheet right? for example i got 8 population. year 1 got a "new survivor gain +1 xxx" i can pull someone for the population at any time to be a "new survivor" and gain that benefit. correct?

man you can tell is too many question when i forgot my last one as typing the others sorry. lol. thx

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
hi all,

regarding archive:
we are trouble understanding atchive. under glossary it says something like "place this card out of play, in the game box, it is lost forever. Unless is something that you record in character sheet or settlementsheet"

1. based on this we understand that fighting arts, once you drawn one at random or search for it in the deck, after you record on your sheet; it goes back into the deck (reshuffle) correct?

2. cards like "love juice" archive to -event symbol- intimicy. This one you dont record on ur character or settlement sheet as direct effect, hence is a 1 time use (put in game box, lost forever) correct?

BUT we cant figure out:
3. debris. when u "scavenge" it, it says "archive this terrain" it means remove the token for this showdown but it can come in the future? or do we actually remive the terrain card from the game and is lost forever? (this would make this deck quite small, but maybe the intention is to decrease the future scavenge

4. some of the gear you make; says archive. so you use it, take the effct and is lost forever?

Regarding intimacy.
We want to confirm that only way to choose (no counting those that might be trigger by events or specfics cards) to have a baby is by rolling intimacy on the table in the "organ grider" (btw lol lol) correct?

regarding principles and new survivors:
a new survivor is determine for when i made it character sheet right? for example i got 8 population. year 1 got a "new survivor gain +1 xxx" i can pull someone for the population at any time to be a "new survivor" and gain that benefit. correct?

man you can tell is too many question when i forgot my last one as typing the others sorry. lol. thx

thanks!

The way the game box is setup is to hold the decks so if a card is archived back to the box you just put it back in it relevant deck.

Terrain just goes back in box, and the terrain card goes back in its deck. You don't lose it forever.

A Gear card that is archived is lost from the settlement and goes back to its relevant deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
The way the game box is setup is to hold the decks so if a card is archived back to the box you just put it back in it relevant deck....

oh, the why specify "out of play.. lost forever unless record in the settlement or character sheet" ?

thanks for reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other ways to trigger intimacy.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Matchmaker - if you reach your first courage milestone in the settlement phase (think I have this right), that unlocks the ability to spend an endeavor during the settlement phase to trigger intimacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Matchmaker.
And there is also Love Juice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexankh wrote:
There are other ways to trigger intimacy.
I forget what it is called specifically, but if you reach your first courage milestone in the settlement phase (think I have this right), that unlocks the ability to spend an endeavor during the settlement phase to trigger intimacy.

t3clis wrote:
It's a Matchmaker.

oh shoot! lol i should have ask only way up to year 2. or daid that i wanted to make sure i didnt miss a basic rule. i asked for a mini spoiler lol oops

thanks! that answers that. we learn of intimincy after drawing love juice, but it was a 1 time use and then saw it under organ grinder. and we thought that we missed a rule because leaving intimacy to a roll (vs a decision) in a game with so much choice control and tactics was odd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
alexankh wrote:
There are other ways to trigger intimacy. I forget what it is called specifically, but if you reach your first courage milestone in the settlement phase (think I have this right), that unlocks the ability to spend an endeavor during the settlement phase to trigger intimacy.

t3clis wrote:
It's a Matchmaker.

oh shoot! lol i should have ask only way up to year 2. or daid that i wanted to make sure i didnt miss a basic rule. i asked for a mini spoiler lol oops

thanks! that answers that. we learn of intimincy after drawing love juice, but it was a 1 time use and then saw it under organ grinder. and we thought that we missed a rule because leaving intimacy to a roll (vs a decision) in a game with so much choice control and tactics was odd
Luckily that is a really minor spoiler, as it could happen in the first few Lantern Years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
The description for Archive is confusing. All it really means is that it is put back into the game box. It isn't really "lost forever" as most decks are intended to live in the game box and so the card can be drawn again normally.

Some examples:

Terrain: put back into its draw deck.

Gear: put back into the box. It is lost, but can be made/found again.

Hit Location: put back into the box. It will get re-added to the HL deck when the Showdown ends and the rest of the deck is returned to the box.

Settlement Event: returned to the draw deck.

Innovation: removed from the settlement's set of innovations and returned to the settlement's innovation deck (this is extra confusing since you probably don't keep that deck in the box and there is a different innovation deck that is in the box). You can innovate this again normally.

Fighting Art or Disorder: put back into the draw deck.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
Hope this helps!

thanks! that helped a lot!

any input on the new survivor point?

and i remember my other question: at what point you reshuffle the settlement event deck? did u shuffle each event back into the deck after resolving?

thx

edit @kyle so nice of you editing that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
To play the game as Adam described, you must shuffle before drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks! we couldnt find when we are suppose to shuffle that deck.

playing again tonight.

we drawn clogging mist last night lol so sad lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.