Popular Tags: [View All]
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious what scores you get with different player counts. I've just played once 2p, and we got 32 and 33. It seems low compared to the potential of the brewmaster alone, not counting barrels...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 players - 87
3 players - 40
2 players - 67

Very depends on players style of playing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once, and with all but 1 new player, so maybe future games will be different... but I scored nothing with my brewmaster because 1 ingredient was 1 spot out of the scoring range... argh! And then I won with 24 barrel points. lol

I expect we were all making a lot of mistakes and that scores will be higher with more experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Both my games were 4-player and I imagine player count and aggressiveness change a lot in regards to score. With that said, our scores were:

Game 1: 50, 49, 20, 18
Game 2: 62, 60, 52, 33
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 games and each time the winning score was in the 60's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I have played 3 games back to back, double checking each time we're not missing any rules.

We have yet to have a score that breaks into the 30s even.

Any likely suspects for what we're doing wrong or strategy we're not utilizing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eymerich eymerich
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same things here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
My son and I have played 3 games back to back, double checking each time we're not missing any rules.

If someone wants to answer this - and it's not a rules issue -, please do so in the Strategy forum, or write with spoiler protection. I, and probably many with me, would like to crack this ourselves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Q
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree to that
I am after two 2p games and both times the winner had something around 30 or even less
This makes me want to play couple of times again to finally figure it out and get the proper (ie. efficient) way of playing!
This game is such a nice puzzle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:

I suspect it's the players scoring abnormally highly who are playing a rule wrong. Most likely this one:

Triggering Monks vs. Activating Monks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I suspect it's the players scoring abnormally highly who are playing a rule wrong. Most likely this one:

Nah. Score ranges are highly variable based on the order of the tiles, the players' skill levels and styles of play. It's more likely that if low scores aren't indicative of poor play, they're indicative of a low-scoring draw of tiles or aggressive defensive play.

We regularly have winners scoring in the 60's, and every few games someone breaks into the 70's, 80's, or once in the 100's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
veector wrote:

We were getting that rule wrong, but we've now played twice with the right rules and the scoring hasn't changed much. Our 2 player games see high scores in the 40s to 50s (sometimes in the 30s) and low scores in the 30s or 20s. I think there was one time when I saw someone break 60 and I'm now at 15ish plays. :shrug: maybe we just don't know what we're doing, but I don't think we can blame bad tile distributions for that many plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Draper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
veector wrote:

We were getting that rule wrong, but we've now played twice with the right rules and the scoring hasn't changed much. Our 2 player games see high scores in the 40s to 50s (sometimes in the 30s) and low scores in the 30s or 20s. I think there was one time when I saw someone break 60 and I'm now at 15ish plays. :shrug: maybe we just don't know what we're doing, but I don't think we can blame bad tile distributions for that many plays.

That sounds about right for 2-player games. They are lower-scoring than 4-player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Geist
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
My first 2 player game (a mock game with myself) ended 31-24. I went heavy sunny side with a particular resource to open on my primary board, thinking it could generate me the necessary cash. It did, but I was very unbalanced with other resource tiles.

The other board I played, without much strategy or planning, ended up with a much stronger finish in terms of goods on the track.

Really excited to get this to the table for real, at all player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2-player games both my wife and I have score 70 points (in different games). There is a lot of group think in this game. In a 2-player, once you are more comfortable with it, you can both take more time and thus play more tiles. We now live in the 40 to 70 range when we play. It really depends on what tiles come out early.

This is one of our top games that I brought back from Essen. We enjoy it a lot as it is very tense, great decisions and yet extremely quick to play. (Neither of us are AP prone - for the most part).

Mind you, the first time we played, we both scored 0. blush

We have also played 3-player and 4-player a couple of times, but with new players, so its difficult to determine what the high score range will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Wilson
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game (a 4 player game) of Heaven & Ale last night. I liked the game a lot, and must have stumbled onto the right winning strategy. I scored 71 points while my closest rival was 22 points. I mostly focused and getting 5 count hexes and started collecting the same type (rice, initially) placing them primarily with high values in coin, then moved onto wood. Mixed in a few monks of the same type to fire off simultaneously. I ended with 6 high barrels and 1 low and all resources on 15. We were careful of the activating vs. triggering of the monks so I am pretty sure we played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randrac wrote:
I played my first game (a 4 player game) of Heaven & Ale last night. I liked the game a lot, and must have stumbled onto the right winning strategy. I scored 71 points while my closest rival was 22 points. I mostly focused and getting 5 count hexes and started collecting the same type (rice, initially) placing them primarily with high values in coin, then moved onto wood. Mixed in a few monks of the same type to fire off simultaneously. I ended with 6 high barrels and 1 low and all resources on 15. We were careful of the activating vs. triggering of the monks so I am pretty sure we played it correctly.

71 points is about in the norms. 22 points is a really bad score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darko Milicic
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
randrac wrote:

71 points is about in the norms. 22 points is a really bad score.

my first play was 8. HAHAHAHAAH.

Recovered well though. Ive played the game 4 more times.

Game 2 (4p) - 58 WIN
Game 3 (4p) - 64 WIN
Game 4 (3p) - 49 WIN
Game 5 (4P) - 58 WIN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first 2p last night and scored 11 vs 13!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.