Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Fourth Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Point from Custodian token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troels Astrud
Denmark
flag msg tools
Quick question, before i start a game tommorow:

Does the custodian token grant 1 point everytime control of Mecatol rex changes hands, or is it a one time deal just for the first person to reach MR?


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the first time. The player that pays the influence keeps the token for the rest of the game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They re-established the Senate. You could consider it a de facto objective called "Restoration of the Senate" or something

Even if others take the planet, the Senate has already resumed it's bickering
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Has anyone put the ti3 Custodians on Rex as well as the new vp token?

Im not sure how I feel about just spending 6inf to gain a vp... I think I’d like to have some garrison units there so you need inf and a bit of military power.

Haven’t payed yet, curious if other people miss the old markers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
Has anyone put the ti3 Custodians on Rex as well as the new vp token?

Im not sure how I feel about just spending 6inf to gain a vp... I think I’d like to have some garrison units there so you need inf and a bit of military power.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a future expansion option allowing for a military conquest of the planet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, the guardian tokens were little more than a speed bump, designed to stop players from claiming multi-point objectives with nothing more than a carrier and a single infantry.

If you really want to spice things up, go at it MOO2 style and start Mecatol with a neutral war sun and full fighter compliment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played it yet, possibly this weekend it's in a choice with TI3, but it looks like the Imperial card is still a 1VP if you control Rex - could be even more important to keep Imperial away from whoever is on Rex. Makes Politics a bit more important.

I like some things I've read so far but not others.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KR P
South Africa
flag msg tools
If a player removes the Custodian Token and gets 1VP.

That player then takes Imperial next round:
1. Does he get another VP for controlling Mecatol Rex?
2. If a player gets a VP for controlling Mecatol Rex via Imperial, do they lose that VP if they lose control of the planet in the next turn or round?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Delespaul
Belgium
flag msg tools
1. Yes (assuming they still control MR at the time they activate Imperial).
2. No.

In general, all VPs are permanent unless the effect that grants you the VP explicitly says if and how you could lose it (e.g. Support for the Throne promissory notes and several Agendas). There's also one Agenda ("Mutiny") that can cause someone to lose a "generic" VP, but apart from that, Custodians and Imperial VPs are permanent.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that you earn the point for controlling Mecatol Rex when you take the Imperial Strategy Action, not when you take the card or anything like that.

So, for example, if you think you are going to take Mecatol Rex during a round, you may want to take Imperial and ensure you take the Tactical Action to take Mecatol Rex and then the Strategic Action to activate Imperial on your next turn (or in the same turn if you have Fleet Logistics).

This also means you can earn multiple points from the Imperial Strategy Card, once per round, although the other players are likely going to try to stop you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KR P
South Africa
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Note that you earn the point for controlling Mecatol Rex when you take the Imperial Strategy Action, not when you take the card or anything like that.

So, for example, if you think you are going to take Mecatol Rex during a round, you may want to take Imperial and ensure you take the Tactical Action to take Mecatol Rex and then the Strategic Action to activate Imperial on your next turn (or in the same turn if you have Fleet Logistics).

This also means you can earn multiple points from the Imperial Strategy Card, once per round, although the other players are likely going to try to stop you.


Thanks for the replies everybody.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the bolded part correctly.

Hypothetically, if I take the Imperial SC and Mecatol Rex in round 2, I would get 2VPs. Then as per the bolded part above, if I manage to get Imperial SC in round 3, and still control MR, I would then get another VP for controlling MR in that round again? And continued in that vain for the remainder of the 10 rounds?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Law_Beckons wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Note that you earn the point for controlling Mecatol Rex when you take the Imperial Strategy Action, not when you take the card or anything like that.

So, for example, if you think you are going to take Mecatol Rex during a round, you may want to take Imperial and ensure you take the Tactical Action to take Mecatol Rex and then the Strategic Action to activate Imperial on your next turn (or in the same turn if you have Fleet Logistics).

This also means you can earn multiple points from the Imperial Strategy Card, once per round, although the other players are likely going to try to stop you.


Thanks for the replies everybody.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the bolded part correctly.

Hypothetically, if I take the Imperial SC and Mecatol Rex in round 2, I would get 2VPs. Then as per the bolded part above, if I manage to get Imperial SC in round 3, and still control MR, I would then get another VP for controlling MR in that round again? And continued in that vain for the remainder of the 10 rounds?


That is correct. The custodians token, worth 1 VP, is awarded only once per game to the player who first grabs Rex by landing there with ground troops and spending 6 influence. You cannot land if you won't spend the influence. Subsequent landings will not change the ownership of the custodians tokens and won't require spending influence.

However, the Imperial SC always awards 1 VP if you control Mecatol Rex at the moment when you play the SC. It's unlikely that a single player is allowed to do so multiple times per game, because Imperial will be picked with high priority after the first round, and people are eager to capture MR from the player currently holding the yet-to-be-activated Imperial card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pillow
United Kingdom
Worcester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The_Law_Beckons wrote:
Clipper wrote:


This also means you can earn multiple points from the Imperial Strategy Card, once per round, although the other players are likely going to try to stop you.


Thanks for the replies everybody.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the bolded part correctly.

Hypothetically, if I take the Imperial SC and Mecatol Rex in round 2, I would get 2VPs. Then as per the bolded part above, if I manage to get Imperial SC in round 3, and still control MR, I would then get another VP for controlling MR in that round again? And continued in that vain for the remainder of the 10 rounds?


Remember that the Imperial card also lets you score a public objective, and you can score for both owning Mecatol Rex, and completing a public objective.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.