Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
88 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » General

Subject: What do you want to see in the episodic PDF campaign, with community-chosen divergent paths rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julie Ahern
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
For the PDF chapter stories we plan on having an urban dungeon crawl featuring the major cities in Kremel. The story will be shaped by your votes for each chapter. Other than that, the plot (or one of the plots) is your oyster. Post what you would love to see...besides a proper name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JulieGBG wrote:
For the PDF chapter stories we plan on having an urban dungeon crawl featuring the major cities in Kremel. The story will be shaped by your votes for each chapter. Other than that, the plot (or one of the plots) is your oyster. Post what you would love to see...besides a proper name.

Tale of the Afflicted Ale House
Krampus comes to town
Companion Meetup Fetch n Quest
Nightmare on Ame Street
Key to the city, a tale of free services
Alucards happy fun times basement adventure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NZ Nick
United States
Medford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Forklore: The Kitchen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff murphy
United States
Carrolltown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a scenario where the townsfolk are rioting. I know if my world were overrun by these dark creatures and the People in charge were seemingly doing nothing to stop them that’s what I would expect to happen to some degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jackson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I would love to see an endgame home. Start with a small place, then as you do scenarios you can upgrade it to eventually a keep/castle? Special bonuses for a bigger place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dunbruha jones
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Find the kidnapped townsperson.
Bar brawl that leads to...
A secret society must be discovered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Knapp
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You know, I'd actually really like to see (if this is going to be a dungeon crawl) a plot that delves deep into some forgotten crypt/necropolis type thing inhabited by cultists that digs further into the history/lore of what's going on in Kremel. Maybe the tragedies befalling the region actually originate somewhere far-off? Maybe there's some ancient prophecy? End of days? Who knows!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Ahern
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
oooooo that sounds good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Buckley
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
A story based on the players finding out that some of the dark creatures invading the land have actually chosen to hole up in local towns, stay hidden, and live in disguise in order to fit in and lead peaceful lives. While these creatures now have chosen to give up their evil ways and integrate into everyday town life, the party feels the unforgivable atrocities committed by these creatures and their kin in the past cannot be forgiven. They must hunt down these clandestine creatures travelling from town to town until they have all been eradicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin James
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
The Krampus thing is pretty funny...and I like stories about things like dopplegangers, changelings, skinwalkers, so finding out what towns people have been replaced and maybe with an alpha of one of these needing rooted out and that leading to an even deeper plot somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Boers
United States
Grovetown
Georgia
flag msg tools
Take a page from Norse mythology. A giant leads you on a quest where you compete in unwinnable challenges but still gain something. In the myth, Thor hits the giant, which is an illusion, with mjolnir and creates a valley surrounded by mountains. He also wrestles old age disguised as an old woman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks amazing. Can't wait to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Gonzalez
msg tools
Make decisions on the background of your character before you start play, and have those affect certain outcomes in the story

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Baughman

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Will Code For Food
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea of trouble in the sewers.. and possibly discovery of underground places from a city that was there before. Corruption seeping up from dark underground places.

Plus, at least once, there needs to be a tavern keeper with a rat problem in their basement..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Janda
msg tools
Definitely the story of people getting murdered and cooked into meat pies for other people to eat. Needless to say, the villains should be the barber. A Mr. Todd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kadisak
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the underground leads to a secret city for all the creatures and monsters in game. It is a neutral ground for them enforced by a super bad guy (boss) creature, but outsiders (aka adventurers) are fair pickings. This can be their safe place to live and trade between raids on pesky humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion of the Body Snatchers.........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kaerkkk mors
msg tools
Negotiations with smugglers or/and agents of city ruler to find an artifact of ancient civilization... and betrayal from one of the company...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Vogt
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
A slavery ring for the players to disrupt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John White
msg tools
mb
Oh yes, something creepy and mysterious deep under the city! People are disappearing, doppelganger or possessed folks roams the street at night.

People are getting paranoia and start to go mad and violent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see it end up on a ship somehow. Maybe travel on it, or board one and do battle.

One of the afflictions utilizes dark arcane power to create a doppelgänger group that stalks us. Use the alternate minis to represent the evil versions of our crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kroupa
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've always loved the idea of a "bloody baroness" murdering innocents etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Badders
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
How about a scenario where your party plays a group of kids traveling about in their wagon attempting to find the evils plaguing the townsfolk with their lovable dog who will do anything for a snack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Martinez
United States
Joseph City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vampires living in the sewer. Folklore: The Strain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tavern brawl!

Start in a town, you're in a tavern (no brawl yet) when someone comes in screaming about the dead walking. You go outside and battle restless spirits, decaying dead, or ghouls attack (for a reason that will eventually become clear in the story).

One of the monsters calls you out by name and the townfolk turn on you, "You brought them here! You're the source of the evil that's destroying our farmlands!"

Fight or flee you get to the graveyard (why? I dunno, there's a map tile, don't judge me) and encounter a coven of witches raising the dead.

Why are they sending them after you? Was it because of Zee's punny adventure names? was it for Walter's grilled cheese? I don't know. I haven't gotten that far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.