Bärenpark» Forums » General

Subject: Simple alternative insert using original insert components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Van Brandt
Italy
Forlì
flag msg tools
From reading other threads on the insert, I understand the different sections are for different player counts but the OCD part of me just thinks it is wrong to put bits with only straight angles into triangular compartments.
That is why I tried looking for a different solution and it surprises me that I have not seen this idea on the forum yet:

You cut the B segment in two and make a cross insert:

Here's how I did it:
You put segment A and C together to make the bottom and right side of the cross. You take segment B, measure how long it has to be to become the top side of the cross and cut it off at that length (I used the slot-side of segment B for the top side of the cross). You slide this part of segment B into segment A. To make the left side of the cross, you take the remainder of segment B, cut out a slot at the length of the cross section and you slide it into the slots of segment C and the other half of segment B.

I divided the game components as follows:
in the top left compartment: all animal houses in the upper side, the achievements (on their side) in the lower side + the green areas on top
in the top right compartment: all enclosures
in the bottom left compartment: all rivers, toilets and bear statues
in the bottom right compartment: all park areas

The supply board and rulebook go on top of the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Walker-Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Van Brandt
Italy
Forlì
flag msg tools
Thank you! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.