Subject: Extra Honor Dial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else been using their extra Honor Dials for Duels?
I just assembled so the red side is up and now have one for the draw phase where you keep it marked what your bid was and now have one to use just for duels. Otherwise the extra Honor Dials were just sitting in the boxes after buying 3 starters, now at least using them for something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are supposed to change your Honor Dial every time you make an Honor bid. Some cards refer your Honor Dial, those cards always check your last Honor Bid (be it from Draw Phase or a Duel).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, but now in the mean time you have a duel, you do not have to worry about what it was set on. You have a separate one to just duel with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funkofages
msg tools
I think he meant that the honor bids from duels also count as "The last honor bid" so having two honor dials concurrently is against the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funkofages wrote:
I think he meant that the honor bids from duels also count as "The last honor bid" so having two honor dials concurrently is against the rules.

Exactly, the game don't care about your draw bid any longer after a duel bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, did not realize that. So the honor bid for draw phase does not stay if you also have a duel, the duel will be the last honor bid on your dial so that is the one that would stay on the dial until the next draw phase. I thought you always had to change it back to what the honor was for the draw phase after a duel.

My bad. Just thought it was a good idea to use couple extra honor dials I had still in the boxes.

Thanks, I just play friendly games and currently trying to get couple folks into the game, so not sure if it really is a big deal having one dial for the draw phase and one for duels per player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Oh, did not realize that. So the honor bid for draw phase does not stay if you also have a duel, the duel will be the last honor bid on your dial so that is the one that would stay on the dial until the next draw phase. I thought you always had to change it back to what the honor was for the draw phase after a duel.

My bad. Just thought it was a good idea to use couple extra honor dials I had still in the boxes.

Thanks, I just play friendly games and currently trying to get couple folks into the game, so not sure if it really is a big deal having one dial for the draw phase and one for duels per player.

It is better to just use one dial, especially for new players. Since a few cards specifically refer to you and your opponents Honor Dials, "Good Omen" and "I Can Swim" come to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah. One is honor dial that you use as normal and one is duel dial that does not matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except it does matter, is what they've been telling you.

Don't teach the game wrong, come on. Someone is going to have to correct them, and that reflects poorly on the player in question, the person who taught them, and the person who has to call them on their improper play.

Just... teach it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess it is big deal than. Seems harmless, but guess it matters somehow.
Thanks for the feed back guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
It's not that it'll matter all that often or generally be that big a deal, it's that when it matters it does make a difference and you want to do it right and most especially teach it correctly. It's painful when you're outside your familiar setting and you have a rules debate with a stranger, and even more painful if you discover you're in the wrong despite having never had any reason to believe you were.

Of course, with policy debate and presumably other duels incoming, it'll probably start being a big deal more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.