R.A. van Leeuwen
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
VCG Rabenhaupt
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During our last play some questions came up regarding this game:

1: Is it allowed to place track on a concession which would demand the concessionholder to skip a green/brown upgrade and place a brown/grey tile ?

2: Can a route be split into two separate sections (for purpose of gaining the maximum mine bonus) with the intermediate route be run by (an)other train(s) ?

3: Can a route run into a non-mine and non-factory non tokened city (red border) and have another route leave this city (hitting a company token further along the route) ?

4: Is the player owning a concession allowed to postpone the formation of the railway company to a later stockround ?

5: Can switchers be transfered freely between two mines in one public mining company ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dual Gauge
msg tools
1. No - via 4.4.1 Building Restrictions - an appropriate track tile must be reserved for this hex that maintains the existing track and adds just the track yet to be built to complete this part of the concession route.

2. I don’t think so - via 4.4.3 Running Trains - When running trains, as many routes as possible must be serviced. All routes must be serviced as far as possible. Maximizing the revenue generated, however, is not required.

3. Routes only begin/end at your station markers, a plants, or open mines that are not completed blocked by other company’s tokens. You can cross the routes at other locations so that they are directly connected. Each train’s routes need not be connected, but you must run the concession route.

4. My understanding is yes.

5. Yes - via 4.3.1 Production - If the company possesses switchers, they can be freely transferred between the mines for production.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.A. van Leeuwen
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
VCG Rabenhaupt
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi DG,

Although your answers are partially references they don't answer my questions.

Some examples:
1: Can Mine 1 (after placing a tile on Konigshutte with an exit to Elend) place a tile 956 (straight town) on Elend which would have to be upgraded to 925 (X-town) to allow for the NWE to place it's concession-route (and thus skipping the green 962/963). Nowhere in the Building restrictions is a notice the upgrade which needs to be reserved should be one of the next phase.

2: GHE has the following routes
1: Harzgerode, Alexisbad, Silberhutte, Lindenberg, Gunthersberge (tokened).
2: Gunthersberge, Stiege, Hasselfelde (tokened)
3: Hasselfelde, Rubeland, Hutterode, Braunesumpf
Can GHE run a 2-train on the 1st and 3rd route and a 1-train on the 2nd.

The other questions are sufficiently answered.

Kind regards,
Kalindor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dual Gauge
msg tools
1. I’d say yes it will get upgraded to brown in these situations. Nothing says it goes to green just that the tile to complete the Concession Route is reserved.

2. - No because all the routes of a train must be directly connected. The 2 train gets 2 routes and the 1 train get 1 route. These two sets of routes do not need to be directly connected. Also, don’t forget the you must run the concession route of Gernrode-Alexisbad-Harzgerode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.