Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the core coming, but when the game was in KS I couldn’t afford any expansions. Will the expansions be for sale on their website anytime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody knows. Word on the streets is that the game will be KSE. They tolt that they a re trying to find a way for backers to get addons, maybe another KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they've any sense at all they will employ someone/a team to do a dedicated KS for add-on's. Then they can continue focus on their other KS projects and still rake in the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Petersen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
What are those!
badge
このていどだな、ね?
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
If they've any sense at all they will employ someone/a team to do a dedicated KS for add-on's. Then they can continue focus on their other KS projects and still rake in the money.

I agree, I posted something like this on their FB page and this was the reply from Frédéric Henry, "Things are coming. You have to realize we where just two of us three year ago and we are now 15. So the team is growing and with it our capacity to make things. That s just a matter of time".

They should follow the model of 7th continent or Gloomhaven and immediately do a second KS, I guess the major difference is those are a single product and MB and Conan have a crazy amount of add-ons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the first KS was profitable, just go ahead and run another one that sells sets which include everything that came in the first KS and adjust the prices for whatever inflation has happened.

That way anyone that wants something they missed or those that couldn't get in on the original KS can get what they want. No risk on their part since the KS works just like a preorder. The game can prosper and reach more people. Everybody wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they did a second KS and I could buy the add-ons I would buy every single one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unrelated, but didn't Gloomhaven get a 2nd printing? Kingdom Death Monster? Those popular ones seem to worth it for the companies to do another KS. Here's hoping!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's really too bad the big box expansions weren't marked with "KS Exclusive" during the campaign (or they cleared up if they'd be for sale later), otherwise I'd have taken the risk and grabbed them back then. Now I just have to be sad about it / content with the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know they found that retail is a monster when producing a higher quality pricier boardgame with conan. That's why conan was at retail and isn't anymore except for the leftover stock from that run (it is still sold from their website though).

What was said is they wouldn't go to retail with the game and haven't decided otherwise. The conan-esque batman game/kickstarter coming this February is the same... no retail so buy on kickstarter or risk not getting it all (even if some are sold online through their website).

I'm guessing that the game and most expansions will be sold from their website eventually, similar to kingdom death (kd monster is sold only though their own webstore... no retail for the game or it's expansions). That way they can charge what they need to produce a higher quality game and not lose due to retail or retailer issues. That also means that print runs are smaller, stock won't always be there, but if patient you should be able to get a copy on kickstarter or their website.

Otherwise ebay will have to be your friend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
455_PWR wrote:
No retail for the game or its expansions

There was a 6x core only 'retailer pledge' for KD:M 1.5

-----

I kinda feel sorry for the guys at Mythic. Things exploded with MBP, and with ToL also breaking the $2m mark, and due in a year's time, with Ragnarok in the wings, they're hardly going to have the chance to catch their breath. I'm all for a second Kickstarter campaign - despite the fact I backed in for everything I could afford (Titan pledge) a year ago - but I don't know how, in the foreseeable future, they're going to squeeze it in. That said, I hope they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Siegel
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
My guess/hope is that they will do a kickstarter some time in 2018 for Mythic Battles: Ragnarok (or whatever they call the next Mythic Battles release) and have everything from Pantheon available as add-ons. That would be quite a lot at once though so may not be viable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone just sold the expansions on ebay for £160 (Hera) and the other 2 for around £130 each.

I mean, those people are going to be GUTTED if they make the expansions available again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jekkum wrote:
My guess/hope is that they will do a kickstarter some time in 2018 for Mythic Battles: Ragnarok (or whatever they call the next Mythic Battles release) and have everything from Pantheon available as add-ons. That would be quite a lot at once though so may not be viable.

Ragnarok has already been confirmed for Q2/Q3 of CY2019

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
If the first KS was profitable, just go ahead and run another one that sells sets which include everything that came in the first KS and adjust the prices for whatever inflation has happened.

That way anyone that wants something they missed or those that couldn't get in on the original KS can get what they want. No risk on their part since the KS works just like a preorder. The game can prosper and reach more people. Everybody wins.

This is exactly what they should do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope they do—Either as a combined campaign with MP:Ragnorok or similar to the mini campaign they with conan last fall.

Personally, I’d be fine if they became a non-retail KS exclusive company and once a year they did 1 capaign that offered no new content, but access to high in demand previous campaigns. With no new content, it will be a way for people to get add-ons or expansions for MB,Conan, etc all at once.

It will be exclusive in that the price will have a similar increase like the 2nd conan campaign.

Something like that. I mean I really like this game and want a bunch more stuff, but the secondary market on ebay right now for this is just rediculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maurice_Oksman wrote:
I really hope they do—Either as a combined campaign with MP:Ragnorok or similar to the mini campaign they with conan last fall.

Personally, I’d be fine if they became a non-retail KS exclusive company and once a year they did 1 capaign that offered no new content, but access to high in demand previous campaigns. With no new content, it will be a way for people to get add-ons or expansions for MB,Conan, etc all at once.

They can't do that as it's against Kickstarter's rules. You have to always be offering something new. That's why Monolith did the Book of Set as a means of selling leftover Conan stock. Other companies will do things like add expansions or 1.5 upgrades, or something like that as seen with KDM, Gloomhaven, and 7th Continent. It can be something simple like just a book of new scenarios, but there must be something new that is offered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Oksman
United States
Hartsdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, i did't know that was official, i justvthought that was common practice—Thanks for clarifying.

So in the vain of the new Conan rulebook acompanying the old expansions, i'd be totally fine with something similar. Even if it's just a new campaign, variant rulebook or 1 new map, along with all the old stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.