6 Posts

Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power cards : discarded after being played ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alex z
msg tools
mbmbmb
Silly question, but I saw a video on youtube where the guy said you could have more than 5 power cards in your hand.

I thought that when you played a power card after an activation, it was played and discarded and couldn't be used again during the full game.

Did I get this wrong ? Or is the video wrong on this point ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither of you are wrong. There is a card that allows you to draw 2, so if you play it from a full hand you'd have 6 after resolving it.

It's very unlikely but you could have more than 5 cards at some point because of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom C
msg tools
You can also use an activation to draw a power card, which would allow you to have more than 5. Unlike objective cards, you don’t have to discard a power card before drawing another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex z
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, so you do have to discard a power card once it is played during the power phase, right? And it can never be picked up again during that game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexz3 wrote:
Ok, so you do have to discard a power card once it is played during the power phase, right? And it can never be picked up again during that game?

Well just to be really clear, Ploys are discarded, upgrades stay even if a warrior dies (really relevant for the undead right now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.