Subject: Board extension problem!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi does anyone has a problem with his board extension?I bought it but when i try to put the 2 boards together i saw that the extension is cut with totally wrong way!!!The 2 boards doesn't match each other.I hope that they will replace it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vagelis: Can you please post photos of both sides of your extended board next to your normal game board so we can evaluate the issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rodenbeck
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Always ready to play some games!
badge
Let's play some games!
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
Hi does anyone has a problem with his board extension?I bought it but when i try to put the 2 boards together i saw that the extension is cut with totally wrong way!!!The 2 boards doesn't match each other.I hope that they will replace it

Definitely check the other side. Mine has one side that lines up wrong, but the other side fits perfectly. I'm guessing there was a difference in how the back of the main board lined up from other print runs, so they had to allow for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian! It's actually just a matter of how the printed paper wraps around the cardboard. The printer wraps one side, then the other, so there's a few millimeters of border on one side, while it's seamless on the other. This same process is used for the main game board too. There's always going to be a small margin of error, but if Vagelis uses the side of the board extension without the border, it should be minimal. Or perhaps this is the rare case of a board that is truly cut "totally wrong way," as Vagelis said. The photos will help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rodenbeckb wrote:
Definitely check the other side. Mine has one side that lines up wrong, but the other side fits perfectly.

Yep. That was the case with mine too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've try both sides and both has the same problem for one side the problem is in the above side of the board and if i use the other side is going down(sorry for my english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these. You're right that it's off by a few millimeters, but it's within what we consider a reasonable margin of error based on the way the paper is wrapped on the main game board and the extended board. I don't think sending you a new board would result in a difference. It really doesn't impact gameplay at all--when you push the boards together and cover them with units and tokens, you're not even going to notice it.

Really, it's one of those things where if I thought sending you a replacement would fix it, I would suggest that you play on it a few times and see if you even notice it during the game. But I genuinely don't think a replacement would fix the issue--it's extremely difficult to get a perfect alignment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torgo Shuffle
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: do these 3 photos here all show the same side of the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Enid
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to guess, I'd say they show the wrong side. Can you post pics of how the other side lines up? You know, the one without the brown border that has graphics all the way out to the edge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second photo is of the board without the border (it's just not pushed flush next to the main game board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.