Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carles Ryhr
Spain
Barcelona
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure to understand what is related to naval units in unfortified ports, as per instance:

- If there are naval units in an unfortified port but no land units, what happens if enemy land units enter this port?

- The same as above, but with friendly land units also in the port. Do the naval units intervene in the field battle in any manner? If the defending land units are forced to retreat, do the naval units retreat too?

Rule 12.2 seems to indicate that land units have nothing to do with naval units, and that the only way in which naval units in an unfortified port can be affected by enemy land units is by the control of the port, forcing the naval units to retreat to sea. But I'm not sure that it is so simple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing happens to the naval units until Control changes. Merely entering the area does not affect the port.

The naval units do not affect any land battle in the area. As for what happens if friendly land units retreat ... nothing. See above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Ryhr
Spain
Barcelona
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.