Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
So I played as the GM for the first time last night and I wasn't able to do anything with my adversaries throughout the whole session. The Lord Castellant would just stun all of them and I wasn't able to activate any of them, ever. Have you found his area stun ability to be too over powered? It was a really boring game session for me, and very unchallenging for the players. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cyril schlenck
Canada
flag msg tools
Roll the stun dice for each adversary.
Like this, there is a chance of missing roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
schlenck wrote:

Oh man, I didn't realize you had to roll for each adversary. Is this the actual rule? Or are you just saying that I can house rule this to make it less OP? I do like the idea of rolling for each adversary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
edsounddesign wrote:
schlenck wrote:

Oh man, I didn't realize you had to roll for each adversary. Is this the actual rule? Or are you just saying that I can house rule this to make it less OP? I do like the idea of rolling for each adversary.

Ok, I looked it up. It does say "Attack each adversary in turn, in an order of your choosing, fully complete each attack before starting the next one."

So I guess that settles it, WAY less OP than the other way of just one roll and everyone gets stunned. Thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
edsounddesign wrote:
edsounddesign wrote:
schlenck wrote:

Ok, I looked it up. It does say "Attack each adversary in turn, in an order of your choosing, fully complete each attack before starting the next one."

So I guess that settles it, WAY less OP than the other way of just one roll and everyone gets stunned. Thanks for the response!

Also, be aware that if a stunned miniature take a wound, the stun token flips to a wound token, so they aren't stunned anymore. So, if you stun first and then attack but don't kill the adversary, the stun was a waste of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Ortiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
edsounddesign wrote:
edsounddesign wrote:
schlenck wrote:

Also, be aware that if a stunned miniature take a wound, the stun token flips to a wound token, so they aren't stunned anymore. So, if you stun first and then attack but don't kill the adversary, the stun was a waste of time.

Ah, another ruled I missed. I thought this only happened for the heroes, not the adversaries as well. Thanks a lot! Really excited that my bad session was due to missing rules and not because of the game itself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
edsounddesign wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
edsounddesign wrote:
edsounddesign wrote:
schlenck wrote:

Ah, another ruled I missed. I thought this only happened for the heroes, not the adversaries as well. Thanks a lot! Really excited that my bad session was due to missing rules and not because of the game itself!

It's actually oddly worded in Hammeral. In Silver Tower, it says any stunned miniature flips the stun token to a wound. In Hammerhal the wording is something like "any stunned miniature flips the stun token instead of adding a wound to the track." That wording makes it sound more hero-specific, but I've always played that once you wallop someone they come back to their senses pretty quickly. It does encourage the heroes to think a bit more carefully about how they stun and attack enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.