John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my game arrived, but has not been played yet (or even "prepped")...but i have seen several/many posts here on BGG pointing out errors/misprints, and what i'd like to do is see if we can consolidate all the known "issues" into just one (1) post...and then i can have this printed and avail when i break open the game, and will go through it...step by step (issue by issue) and correct each and every one of them (where possible)...and then play!

so, if you don't mind (and you have found errors/misprints) would you list exactly what's wrong (text, boards, etc.,??)?

thanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petros Lee
United States
North Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From what I remember:

1.) 14 roads instead of 15. (This is either a misprint in the rule book or a missing components issue)

2.) On the player boards, the formula for creating guards says "Keep" instead of "Guard"

3.) The Samwell character card has two "A" sides

4.) The image in the rule book for creating a development card shows a stone, wheat, and wood card instead of a stone, wheat and sheep. (This isn't a problem on the player boards, though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Detert
msg tools
-On the box it says there are 27 development cards. You only get 25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Response I received from Asmodee NA:

"Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. The rule book and the back of the box states that the game is to include 15 Roads per player, 58 Wildling tokens and 27 Development Cards. The game is suppose to include 14 Roads per player, 57 Wildling tokens (19 of each), and 25 Development cards. This is the intended amount of components that you are suppose to receive and we apologize for the confusion that the typo’s in the rule book and the back of the box may have caused."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Or that is the easiest answer and they do not have to send pieces out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I'm a little fascinated by that actually. I mean. If it's the case. Cool. I'm comfortable with it, theoretically shouldn't affect the game much. However, if you bought a 32gb iPhone and you turned it on and found out that it's a 16gb. Could Apple actually say, "sorry about that, the box says 32, but it's actually a 16, you got the right phone." It's actually really impressive from a marketing standpoint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I stated in the other thread, that response is BS. You're supposed to be able to play the original Settlers of Catan with this set. However, unless the new sets of Settlers of Catan come with 14 roads and 23 development cards, it's not the same. The two missing cards are the Monopoly cards from the base game. It's bad, not good, marketing. The lack of quality in this product makes the point that they messed up quite obvious. For a game that costs this much from a company as big as Asmodee, this shouldn't happen. I suspect you'll see this more and more, and when the second printing comes along, there will be extra roads and cards in the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I agree with Alex. There's no getting around the fact that Settlers of Catan comes with 15 roads and 25 cards which include the Monopoly cards. This version at its trumped up price is supposed to include all the components so that you can play original Catan as well as the "Game of Thrones" version.

Another mistake is "57 Wildling tokens (19 of each)". I don't know what everybody else has received, but my box contained 57 wildling tokens: 36 regular wildlings, 12 climber wildlings, and 9 giant wildlings tokens--NOT 19 of each of the three different types as stated in Asmodee's reply to me.

What I received in my box seems to make sense, however as 19 giants would probably throw the balance off in the game. But that was Asmodee's reply to me so I shot them back another request that my game pieces were wrong. Let's see how they try to weasel out of it this time. "The previous explanation about the mistakes in the game pieces was also a mistake so please disregard that mistaken part of the message. And again we apologize and will not be fixing any mistakes in the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received shipping notice from Asmodee about the missing roads...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ended up being build cost cards and Sam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.