Subject: My Subjective/Suggestive Cheat Sheet for rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
So, when I first went over the rules, I thought that the initial simplicity that I perceived was too good to be true. Having had a failed explanation session, I decided to gather up all of the bits that I've missed in the first bit and put a reference together.

Mainly just things that I found easy to gloss over, and even overlook for first time players, due to a lack of integration in the board and faction sheets or possible misreadings. Misinterpretations like whether Marquis receive the Keep bonus regardless if they rule or not are left out as things like this are conveyed in the playing space.

--------------------------------------------------------

Cheat Sheet

Additional Score Method: Destroy Buildings or Wood Pieces (1 Point each)

Golden Rules Reference:

-When players have equal amount of pieces in clearing, neither player rules it. *Exception: Eyrie special ability
-Each move accounts for as many warriors that you want to move from one clearing to the other.
-If you do not rule the clearing that you want to move from, you may only move to an adjacent clearing that you rule or an adjacent clearing in which its ruler gives you permission to move to.
-For each hit that surpasses defender's warrior total, remove a building or wood piece (defender's choice which is removed). If there are no warriors on clearing, the defender removes all buildings and wood.
-If your last building is removed from a clearing, discard one of your persistent improvements.
-Attack action is spent on targeted warriors, even if they had retreated.

Woodland Alliance Clarifications:
-You use strongholds to craft
-When hideout is removed, remove all supporters of hideout’s nation. Also, raise outrage.

Vagabond Specialties (not on faction sheet/Clarifications:
-When retreating, you may retreat to forest space
-When moving, you may move as many “Allies” with you as you want. You may also have them attack alongside you, and take damage in your stead.
-When moving, subtract 1 for each hostile faction in clearing when taking movement penalty.
-When crafting, use hammers instead of buildings. Vagabond must be in a clearing that matches the required crafting symbol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
When players have equal amount of pieces in a clearing, *Eyrie rule it if present; else, no ruler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
I encouraged the editor to include a generic player aid with the game. The player mats do a good job of explaining the factional rules exceptions but I hate flipping through the rule book for things like movement or combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your movement note is not quite right. From the rules:

If​ ​you​ ​​do​ ​not​​ ​rule​ ​the​ ​origin​ ​clearing,​ ​you​ ​may​ ​move​ ​your​ ​warriors​ ​only​ ​to​ ​an​ ​adjacent​ ​clearing that​ ​you​ ​rule,​ ​that​ ​no​ ​one​ ​rules,​ ​or​ ​whose​ ​ruler​ ​gives​ ​you​ ​permission​ ​to​ ​enter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kidney Cart
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
When a hideout is removed, you lose half of the matching nation's supporters, rounding the losses up.

Clarified by Cole in the comments for the PNP teaching video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQMGwJZuYbI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom K
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the tabletop simulator they went back and forth about “removing half of the supporters” or “removing all of the supporters”; they said that the PNP rules trump any previous version; therefore you would remove all supporters from the nation of the hideout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
sirjonsnow wrote:
Your movement note is not quite right. From the rules:

If​ ​you​ ​​do​ ​not​​ ​rule​ ​the​ ​origin​ ​clearing,​ ​you​ ​may​ ​move​ ​your​ ​warriors​ ​only​ ​to​ ​an​ ​adjacent​ ​clearing that​ ​you​ ​rule,​ ​that​ ​no​ ​one​ ​rules,​ ​or​ ​whose​ ​ruler​ ​gives​ ​you​ ​permission​ ​to​ ​enter

good catch! Guess my mind just figured it went without saying xD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
lebowskiachiever wrote:
they said that the PNP rules trump any previous version; therefore you would remove all supporters from the nation of the hideout.

That's what i read in the PNP. Are there any other derivatives of rules outside of the pnp rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jozan
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Very nice summary, I learned 2 or 3 rules I didn't notice during my previous games.

I think it would be sufficient with a summary in the last page of the manual. No really need for making one cheatsheet for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Yearsley
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of this stuff we'll fix as we iterate the faction boards. We'll probably put a short move and battle summary on the back of the rulebook or on a small aid card, though we haven't decided on the final form factor yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
https://imgur.com/a/q8BWM

Could something like this work as a hideout loss reference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.