Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I posted an update to backers on Kickstarter. I didn't make it a public update because I wanted to directly thank the backers who have stuck with the project through the cosmetic concerns and made Obsession a reality.

The outcome of that post is that I have unlocked the first stretch goal to show my appreciation for all the positive, constructive advice to a first time game designer. I also lowered the remaining stretch goals to make them all achievable.

Here are the old stretch goals: https://imgur.com/5RPMoIf

And here are the updated new stretch goals: https://imgur.com/bjyvLdp

Visit the Kickstarter page to get a close look at the Suites Expansion, which is way cool. Really adds something different to the game.

Thanks.

DH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! THANK YOU!!!

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game, but one of the things that I don’t like about this KS is the backer only updates. I’ve considered a number of KSs and reading all the updates and backer comments in those updates is a major part of my decision process. I don’t mind not being able to make comments, as restricting comments to backers is reasonable, but making the updates themselves exclusive and restricting access to the comments made about those updates really seems counterproductive. Isn’t a KS about the process of getting people to become backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Australia
Ellen Grove
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
I really like this game, but one of the things that I don’t like about this KS is the backer only updates. I’ve considered a number of KSs and reading all the updates and backer comments in those updates is a major part of my decision process. I don’t mind not being able to make comments, as restricting comments to backers is reasonable, but making the updates themselves exclusive and restricting access to the comments made about those updates really seems counterproductive. Isn’t a KS about the process of getting people to become backers?

This is a good point and I agree. I also like to read the updates before backing a campaign. But, Jeffrey, never fear, as anything that was in those updates can be found among these forums on BGG. The updates were basically just telling us to come and look at these forums and comment on the work in progress art. Hope you do decide to join the campaign. It's a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hallagan

Avon Lake
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. This being my first campaign, I really didn’t appreciate the protocol on some early communications, making them backer only. However, on the last one I didn’t want to appear to be pandering with my Thank You, I just wanted to thank the people who had been very graciously working with me on revising some of the artwork.

But I see your point. I will revise that one and avoid backer-only communications future. I will say that the Kickstarter platform sometimes cumbersome to work.

Thanks.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.