Saints in Armor» Forums » General

Subject: question about heavy infantry casualty modifier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Kouba

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmb
Wanted to make sure I'm doing this right, and that I didn't something miss something...

Regarding the modifier to heavy infantry fire for casualties... the -1 for every 2 casualty hits on a 2-hex unit, or -1 for each casualty hit on a single hex unit...

This can rapidly degrade an HI's ability to fire... it doesn't take many casualty hits to make the chances of getting a result on the fire slim or even nonexistent...

What I am questioning is this sort of situation... say I have one of the bigger 2-hex units, with 30 strength points say...

if they take 20 casualty hits, say, they are down to a strength of 10, and would have a -10 to any fire attempt... they wouldn't be able to fire at all...

yet, at 10 strength points, they are still bigger than many single hex HI units, with say 6 or 7 or 8 strength units...

at full strength, they would have no negative modifiers to fire... yet, the 2-hex could not fire effectively at all, even though they have a bigger size than the undamaged unit...

I see nothing to indicate to handle this any differently, but it just seems odd that the modifier for casualties doesn't take into account remaining size in some way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
You are doing it correctly. Very few units have that number of strength points.

Surely by then it will have casualty reduced, failed morale checks, and be headed for the hills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.