Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when playing People of the Stars, are you fighting the tyrant several times and the dragon mini himself as the main boss?

Or the other option is to play with the dragon as a hunt-able monster in a regular campaign?

Apparently it's not suggested to play with other expansions if playing People of the Stars. Has anyone added in others like Gorm or Flower Knight?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So when playing People of the Stars, are you fighting the tyrant several times and the dragon mini himself as the main boss?

This is correct

Or the other option is to play with the dragon as a hunt-able monster in a regular campaign?

This is correct as well

Apparently it's not suggested to play with other expansions if playing People of the Stars. Has anyone added in others like Gorm or Flower Knight?

It isn't recommended due to the fact that some fighting arts, disorders are important to the game, adding fighting arts and disorders from other expansions dilutes the deck a little. Otherwise this expansion works fine with other expansions. I played it with Gorm and Flower Knight and the campaign went smoothly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding was that Disorders/Fighting Arts were all supposed to go into a global pool whether the rest of the expansion was used or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:

This is correct

This is correct as well

It isn't recommended due to the fact that some fighting arts, disorders are important to the game, adding fighting arts and disorders from other expansions dilutes the deck a little. Otherwise this expansion works fine with other expansions. I played it with Gorm and Flower Knight and the campaign went smoothly.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasiven wrote:
My understanding was that Disorders/Fighting Arts were all supposed to go into a global pool whether the rest of the expansion was used or not.

Correct. gorkel's understanding of the rules isn't the official one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
gorkel wrote:

It isn't recommended due to the fact that some fighting arts, disorders are important to the game, adding fighting arts and disorders from other expansions dilutes the deck a little.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions in KD being parroted around and I wish it would stop. Anyone wanting success in a campaign and hoping for the correct random draws in the FA or disorder deck is going to have a bad time regardless of whether there are a few extra expansion cards or not. There are plenty of ways in the campaign to guarantee you get the stuff you need and adding expansions doesn't change that in the slightest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading between the lines, I suspect the People of the Stars campaign was not tested with other expansions. Hence the recommendation to not include any.

Regardless, it seems to work fine with most (all?) of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.