Subject: Brute question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If the Brute is adjacent to an enemy and combos Skewer (move 6) and Balanced Measures (Attack X, where X is the number of hexes moved so far this turn), can he just tap-dance 6 times between the hex he's in and one next to it, and then attack 6 the adjacent enemy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Meissner
Scotland
Edinburgh
Lothians
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Greenfly
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is no limitation in regard to moving into hexes already moved into. You can tapdance all you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the 'hit and run' approach rather than the 'run and hit'. So 'Attack 6' followed by 'Move X where X is the attack you did' - safer.....

(Run away, AWAY is important)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe this ⬆️ is a legit move. "... moved so far this turn." This means moving before The attack to get the benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwonham wrote:
I prefer the 'hit and run' approach rather than the 'run and hit'. So 'Attack 6' followed by 'Move X where X is the attack you did' - safer.....

Sadly, this combination of cards has to be move 6 followed by attack 6. Balanced measure says
Quote:
Attack X, where X is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn.
So if you try to reverse them, balanced measure will do 0 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you reverse them, it becomes attack zero. You still draw an attack modifier card which may result in bumping actual damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally. You can also use boots of striding to bump it up even more if you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perfectly legal, but not very powerful...the effect is exactly the same as 'Overwhelming Assault', without a bottom action.
If you really like to use Balanced Measure, use it with a normal move + the Boots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lauridsen
msg tools
mb
And get an ally to start you off with some extra movement for even more tapdancing fun. For example the bottom action of the Mindthiefs "Possession" card: "One ally within Range 3 may perform Move 4". It all counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
⬆️ I think you may be confusing rounds with turns. The Mindthief's ability would not work towards enhancing the Brute's ability. They take place on different turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Rubra wrote:
And get an ally to start you off with some extra movement for even more tapdancing fun. For example the bottom action of the Mindthiefs "Possession" card: "One ally within Range 3 may perform Move 4". It all counts.

Sadly it doesn't. Moves granted by other allies are not during your turn, they're during your allies turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Brute do not dance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Roe
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mwonham wrote:

Just to clear up some confusion, the combo described in this quote is a totally different play than what the OP was describing. The OP was talking about the top of Balanced Measures, where you attack after moving. The quote above is about using the bottom of Balanced Measures, where you move after attacking.

To the OP's comment, yes hitting for 6 after moving 6 (bottom of Skewer) is a nice combo. If you can use Boots of Striding and move 8 first, even better. I'm forgetting which card now, but the Brute has a card with the bottom action something like "Move 4. If movement was in a straight line, Attack X where X is the number of spaces moved." Doing this in combination with the Boots of Striding means you can move 6 in a straight line, hit for 6, and then with Balanced Measures hit for 6 again. Plus neither action loses the card. It's a satisfying play when it works out (not always possible to move in a straight line).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lauridsen
msg tools
mb
5hrike wrote:
Rubra wrote:

Sadly it doesn't. Moves granted by other allies are not during your turn, they're during your allies turn.

You're right. I missed that it says turn, and not round. So you cannot get an added bonus this way. Such a pity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wonham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Brute do not dance.

Brute Not Dance. Brute Bash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Davies
United States
PINELLAS PARK
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Balanced Measures is turning into my favorite Brute card (only level 1 so far) because it is so flexible. Run up (or dance around) and hit big, or smack them (or a few of them with multiple targets) and escape to safety.

With a little thinking ahead, you can do just about anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Brute do not dance.

Brute can dance if he wants to, he can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're are no friends of mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Brute do not dance.

Y U NO LET BRUTE EXPRESS FEELINGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
truc much
msg tools
mbmb
So can he dance or does he have to move straigh line foward before the att&ck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, why the fascination with dancing? It's featured on multiple tv shows, movies, etc, now Gloomhaven, and the tank at that?
Et tu, Brute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.