Subject: Fall of France rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Bordin
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if France fall and there are units of other nations of the same faction (USA and/or British)on north africa colonies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
They remain in possession of them (I asked this question and got the answer from the designer).

It's arguably a bit unrealistic as the French weren't keen on people entering their colonies (the Allies had to fight for Lebanon-Syria and Madagascar - not to mention French North Africa), but at this scale I daresay it's acceptable.

It does encourage the tactic of stationing a British army in FNA before the fall of France.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlander
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
Barbarossa wrote:
(...)
It's arguably a bit unrealistic as the French weren't keen on people entering their colonies (the Allies had to fight for Lebanon-Syria and Madagascar - not to mention French North Africa), but at this scale I daresay it's acceptable.
(...)

Historically Allies in FNA did not fight with France. It was puppet state "Vichy" (something between Protectorate and Armed Minor). So game mechanics about the fall of France and armed independant FNA works quite good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
HighlanderPL wrote:
Barbarossa wrote:
(...)
(...)

Historically Allies in FNA did not fight with France. It was puppet state "Vichy" (something between Protectorate and Armed Minor). So game mechanics about the fall of France and armed independant FNA works quite good.

Very true - but I was talking about allies (specifically the British) entering French colonies before the fall of France in order to retain possession once France surrendered. France in 39-40 would not have permitted this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.