Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Driske
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the show returning in January proving it's still popular is there any hope of a further expansion? Or has this version died a death?

Would dearly love either this to be expanded or completely new board game created as this show has a lot of potential as a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also HOPING for the expansion that would include the "final" original seasons of X-Files (plus the 10 & 11 Seasons would be nice). I believe if you own the 2nd expansion that has the World map board and also the different characters, that the next expansion would only need to be a deck of cards. Just my thoughts!

Our family really likes the game so I WOULD buy the "next" expansion.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rewatched the show a few years back, and really grew to love Reyes and Doggett. I know they took some crap for not being Mulder and Scully at the time, but those episodes are still pretty good nonetheless. I would love to be able to play a “seasons 7-9” version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers crossed... if only to get Doggett and Reyes characters and some of the remaining season 7-9 episode case cards. Doesn't even need to contain any new rules additions or changes. I'd be happy with just the basics if nothing else, just for completion sake. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Triad1 wrote:
Fingers crossed... if only to get Doggett and Reyes characters and some of the remaining season 7-9 episode case cards. Doesn't even need to contain any new rules additions or changes. I'd be happy with just the basics if nothing else, just for completion sake. thumbsup

Exactly how I feel!!

Thanks Triad1!!!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I firmly believe another expansion was being designed, including seasons 7-9 but poor sales has scuppered it

The game is a grower, as a die hard X-files fan I really didn't like it to begin with, expecting something meatier and more thematic. But over time I took for what it is a light, 1 verses all light, bluffing,adventure game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locherbread wrote:
I firmly believe another expansion was being designed, including seasons 7-9 but poor sales has scuppered it

The game is a grower, as a die hard X-files fan I really didn't like it to begin with, expecting something meatier and more thematic. But over time I took for what it is a light, 1 verses all light, bluffing,adventure game.

I still "think" that a third expansion could be done fairly "cheaply" as a deck of cards and two counters for Reyes and Doggit. We have the boards.... what else would you need? Were there any other characters that I can't think of that would be "important" to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
locherbread wrote:

I still "think" that a third expansion could be done fairly "cheaply" as a deck of cards and two counters for Reyes and Doggit. We have the boards.... what else would you need? Were there any other characters that I can't think of that would be "important" to the game?

U would love another expansion and if it's just deck of episode cards with new agents I would be more than happy..

But its been 2 years and another x-files season has come and gone and nothing, np even a peep that something was on the pipeline. Personally I think it's dead in the water, though I would love to be proved wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.