Agra» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trader - Free choice of Price Token and can I remove from board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Butcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, a simple question which may have already been answered (apologies if it has). When moving a price token can you place it back in its original position on the game board?

Secondly, if I want to change the price of a level 1 good to 2, can I use the 2 side of the 2/3 price token instead of using the 2 side of the 1/2 price token, even if all three price tokens are still in the original positions on the game board? I presume the answer is yes, but if it isn't can someone point out what I am missing.

If so I can see some interesting tactics with the trader. If someone else really wants the price of cloth to be 4 while you are happy for it to be 3 you can place the 2/3 price token on its 3 side which means it would take two trader actions to change the price to 4, one to move the 2/3 token off cloth, and the second to place the 3/4 price token on its 4 side on cloth. Is this line of thinking correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this line of thinking is correct cool

All the asked questions i can answer with yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Butcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike for the super fast reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
As long as I live, so long do I learn
badge
Peace is the inner nature of humankind. If you find it within yourself, you will then find it everywhere.
mbmbmbmbmb
reconfirming the flip action
Mike, I know you said in an other thread that we cannot change more than +1 of the good's original value (printed on the board). But I want to reconfirm the rules by quoting Martin's example above.

Quote:

Secondly, if I want to change the price of a level 1 good to 2, can I use the 2 side of the 2/3 price token instead of using the 2 side of the 1/2 price token, even if all three price tokens are still in the original positions on the game board?

So after changing LvL01 good to 2 by a 2/3 token, it is 'not' allowed to flip that token over to it's 3-value side, correct? Because that will be +2 to the LvL01 good's original value, even though it's done in two trader actions.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
BE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's not allowed.
Martin's line of thinking was more of "blocking" of the values, that you not just can flip the price token, but have to remove it first and with a second action, place another price token there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Govind Krishna
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
As long as I live, so long do I learn
badge
Peace is the inner nature of humankind. If you find it within yourself, you will then find it everywhere.
mbmbmbmbmb
That clears the doubt thumbsup
Thanks, Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.