badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
1. Do you have an avatar?
Yes
No
Sometimes, but not always.
2. Do you change your avatar? (Choose as many as you like.)
Never
Often
Rarely
Sometimes, for certain holidays or playing forum games.
3. Do you mostly recognize people on BGG by their Avatar or Name?
Name
Both
Neither
4. Is your avatar a game or game related?
Yes
No
      348 answers
Poll created by Syvanis

5 - Respond below and tell us what your avatar is all about. If you don't have an avatar tell us what you would pick once you get one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
My avatar is from For the Birds. I did a poll to help me choose back when I got enough GeekGold all those years ago, and this was the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chinagirl geek
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5. As near as a human can be to a bunny, I am... apart from eating my own poo, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton (St. Louis)
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Many years ago my interest in Mack Trucks lead to the nickname (though there's also a NSFW reason for it as well, from an old girlfriend). I've got a Mack Bulldog hood ornament on my present car (and have had one on every vehicle I've owned going back over 25 years). I also collect the diecast cars from Pixar's "Cars" films, thus, a recognizable "Mack" from those films is my avatar (and the mouse-over text is a line from the film).

Ford Fiesta, present car:

Toyota Corolla (2008 - 2017), Chaco Canyon, 2013:

Ford Ranger (1999 - 2008), Tulip Viaduct, Indiana, 2004:

I can't find any pics of the Toyota pick-up (1985 - 1999)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention Deficit Demon (a familiar) from Kingdom of Loathing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
No avatar because.... laziness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Username comes from a series of sci-fi books by John Ringo. In them, there's a creature that appears to be sort of half dog/half lizard, or "dogzard." My avatar is a picture from the movie Star Trek III: the Search for More Money Spock. It is the pet of the Klingon Captain played by Christopher Lloyd. It was the closest thing I could find that looked like a cross between a dog and a lizard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Long before I got into board games I was heavily into Magic the Gathering.

During my free time, I enjoy drawing cartoons, especially of the "chibi" variety. One of my faviorte MtG cards at the time was a spell called "Time Stop."

I drew my own version of the card and made a proxy of it that I actually played in my MtG decks.

The original version of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the wall of the men's bathroom at Johnson Public House in Madison is a picture of Batman mid way through an intense poop. It was the funniest bathroom trip ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had exactly three.

My first was this:

But I realized at least one other user had the same one, probably several. So then it was this:

Then that one felt a little stale and didn't quite capture the feeling I wanted to represent me and my relationship to games. Ergo, finally, the current (and final?) one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is the cover of Arkham Horror. I had joined the site and didn't have an avatar. A user had made a geek list of unused avatars. The gif of Arkham was perfect as that was the whole reason I had found BGG in the first place.
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gave me the geek gold to buy one. (Is is me or have the costs gone up for that stuff? wasn't it twenty back in the day?)

I keep meaning to buy overtext. I want it to say something like 1 million Dark Young killed and counting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is shameless self-promotion. It's a cover from one of the expansions to my game. That, and I'm a longtime wrestling fan and it speaks to that part of my personality.

wf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShotgunGames wrote:
Long before I got into board games I was heavily into Magic the Gathering.

During my free time, I enjoy drawing cartoons, especially of the "chibi" variety. One of my faviorte MtG cards at the time was a spell called "Time Stop."

I drew my own version of the card then make a proxy of it that I actually played in my MtG group.

The original version of the card.

I'm loving the artwork! Very cute chibi!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am not actually a kestrel, I just use one as my avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My avatar is from a painting about the battle of Rourke's Drift, which is the theme of the board game Zulus on the Ramparts!

I wanted to pick an avatar to do with a wargame as I am drawn to wargames and also I was donated the geekgold by a fellow wargamer in order to buy an avatar over in the wargames forum.

I think one or two folks who received geekgold got a nonwargame avatar and I begged for geekgold promising to get a proper war theme avatar!

I also really enjoyed the film Zulu.

I think Zulus on the Ramparts was the next wargame I was going to learn to play when I got the avatar. I've played it over 50 times now and really like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres F. Pabon L.
Colombia
Bogotá
DC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I last changed my avatar a long time ago (I can't even remember when... it has only been changed once). It's Murray, from the Monkey Island series of games. One of the funniest characters I've ever experienced in any media.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Gandalf the Grey, the mouseovers are two of my favorite quotes from the LOTR books. Wear Gandalf costume on occasions, renaissance festivals, Halloween, etc. Past was Merlin form Shadows over Camelot game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit from a favorite mash up, Van Gogh and Doctor Who.

I love em both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddy_Kilowatt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatest video game EVAR!!!

No, not THAT Metroid (fake, along with all subsequent ones)

THIS Metroid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warrenfitz45 wrote:

I'm loving the artwork! Very cute chibi!!!

Thank you!

I also did a few more, but the Time Stop and Diabolic Tutor are the only ones I seem to have anymore on my hard drive. I did these a long time ago.

Diabolic Tutor

Original
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The logo for Handspring. The company that spun off of Palm Inc. and made their own PDA handhelds, licensing Palm OS. The way people were infatuated with their phones now was me with the Palm personal digital assistant a decade ago!

Uber badge also states it as such... "Handspring". I had extra space, so I figured I'd do a "half and half" on my uberbadge and avatar... Super Street Fighter 2 + Handspring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "Game boxes made better with googly eyes"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is of an icon of the Apostle Paul.

I've been a Christian most of my adult life & a great appreciator of the Bible. I'm also more inclined toward the academic/theoligical part of the Christian world, so Paul resonates more with me than some other biblical authors. Also, I'm a great appreciator of church art & the style of iconography that's used in the picture I selected.

This is actually a very cool conversation. I'm enjoying hearing why some people chose the images they did. Cool post, OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.