Paul Saunders
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

Anyone played this as the Allies and won? Really struggling to make any headway against the Germans in Oosterhout. The DUKWs on the raised road are sitting ducks (no pun intended).

I think I made an initial error by using too many CPs on turn one, and the 43rd div only has a Command value of 4. I've found that the challenge with some of the GTS scenarios is that if you make a mistake in the first turn it can be extremely difficult to recover from it.

Cheers

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waldon
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two playings and two German victories in our case.

Using the historical attack direction used by 43rd Division seems to be the only chance at Allied victory.

Oosterhout was taken fairly quickly in my playing as the Allies by not giving a damn about losses and exerting max CP's without worrying about the future.

Keeping the Poles alive while you break through on the German right stymied me, the Germans were dug-in at the ferry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saunders
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a substantial victory for the Germans. Struggled at Oosterhout, it became a road block that I just couldn’t break. Poles were relatively unscathed, but then again my opponent didn’t need to do much as we both dug in either side of the raised rail line and awaited the outcome of the battle further south. +6 mods on the DUKWS on the raised road was an absolute killer.

The Key is to blast a route through Oosterhout on turn 1, fail to breakthrough and it becomes almost impossible for the Allies to win, a drop of. 2 on the TQ on the last turns doesn’t help any last minute charges.

Once again the game really highlights the terrain challenges like no other game system at his level.

Superb!

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.