Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Morels: Foray» Forums » General

Subject: Foray Kickstarter delivered with extra decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my Kickstarter package for this a couple weeks ago, and I haven't been able to figure out why it came with 2 packs of what look like the same cards from the original Morels. Was it included if I happened to only have the Fungi version?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got a complete extra set and I have the Morels base game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They were included if you indicated you had the first version (I believe) so that the cards matched with Foray.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sanchezja wrote:
They were included if you indicated you had the first version (I believe) so that the cards matched with Foray.


Thanks! They looked identical to my 1st edition cards, but I didn't try shuffling in the new Foray cards yet so maybe the sizes are slightly different.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Povis
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
sanchezja wrote:
They were included if you indicated you had the first version (I believe) so that the cards matched with Foray.


Thanks! They looked identical to my 1st edition cards, but I didn't try shuffling in the new Foray cards yet so maybe the sizes are slightly different.


It's the thickness, finish, and "snap" of the cards that's different. It was noticeable to me when I mixed 1st edition Morels cards with Foray cards, so I ordered extra sets of the new stock to make sure your stocks match perfectly if you have a 1st edition. Always a bummer to have an expansion where the stock (and often colors as well) doesn't match. Seemed a worthwhile solution. Enjoy!
18 
 Thumb up
3.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
bpovis wrote:
Donkler wrote:
sanchezja wrote:
They were included if you indicated you had the first version (I believe) so that the cards matched with Foray.


Thanks! They looked identical to my 1st edition cards, but I didn't try shuffling in the new Foray cards yet so maybe the sizes are slightly different.


It's the thickness, finish, and "snap" of the cards that's different. It was noticeable to me when I mixed 1st edition Morels cards with Foray cards, so I ordered extra sets of the new stock to make sure your stocks match perfectly if you have a 1st edition. Always a bummer to have an expansion where the stock (and often colors as well) doesn't match. Seemed a worthwhile solution. Enjoy!


This is why I back Two Lanterns Games! Great service, thanks Brent
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.