9 Posts

Sagrada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Moving Dice With Tools rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben R
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When moving a die with any of the tools that permit you to do so, does there need to be a clear path on the board from where the die is to where you want it to go? Or are you able to remove it from the board and place it in an area that is blocked off (provided the placement is legal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu P.
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just take a die out from your board and place it again as if it had been drafted. It doesn't need to be able to roll like a poorly designed wheel to its next location
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverFirePrime wrote:
When moving a die with any of the tools that permit you to do so, does there need to be a clear path on the board from where the die is to where you want it to go? Or are you able to remove it from the board and place it in an area that is blocked off (provided the placement is legal)

You can place it anywhere that obeys placement restrictions... you don't need to obey the "must touch a previous die" rule that's in place when drafting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel balik
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
SilverFirePrime wrote:

You can place it anywhere that obeys placement restrictions... you don't need to obey the "must touch a previous die" rule that's in place when drafting

So you can start new group of dice not touching your base group? So far I have played it so you must obey also the rule of putting dice next to another one.

Do I understand you correctly? sorry for the confusion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu P.
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danissimus wrote:
So you can start new group of dice not touching your base group? So far I have played it so you must obey also the rule of putting dice next to another one.

That's explicitly stated in the corresponding tool card. One of them says "to a space not adjacent to other dice", while others indicate "following all placement rules".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel balik
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkVaati wrote:
danissimus wrote:

That's explicitly stated in the corresponding tool card. One of them says "to a space not adjacent to other dice", while others indicate "following all placement rules".

I know that. Cork-backed Straightedge explicitly stated "After drafting, place the die in a spot that is not adjacent to another die"

but this card is not about moving. you don't move a die with it, you just break one rule using this when placing drafted die.
The OP was about cards which moves a die - for example Copper Foil Burnisher, Tap Wheel, etc.
There is expicitly stated "obey all placement rules" so I am a bit confused about moving to a place not adjacent to another die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. The pictures on the tools all showed the dice moving along an un-obstructed path and I was getting myself confused. That helps make solo mode a little easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Toth

Ludenzia
msg tools
When a tool allows you to move two dice (Lathekin, No. 4), can you take both of them from your window first, or you move them one after the other? It is important, because if one of the two dice hinders the movement of the other (e.g. both of them are purple, and you want to put one of the two dice on a place adjacent to the other die), then removing both of them and placing them afterwards makes a big difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kasztorp wrote:
When a tool allows you to move two dice (Lathekin, No. 4), can you take both of them from your window first, or you move them one after the other? It is important, because if one of the two dice hinders the movement of the other (e.g. both of them are purple, and you want to put one of the two dice on a place adjacent to the other die), then removing both of them and placing them afterwards makes a big difference.

It's a simultaneous move (virtually, if not actually), so you should be able to do what you describe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.