eric humphries
United States
arlington
TX
flag msg tools
Wherever you go, there you are...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is tie for number of towers, who gets the queen crown bonus at end of game. I ask because while it seems in the rules with ties the queen passes back and forth for the coin purchase discount it does not cover scoring at end of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svitjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no problem in the rules.
The rules wrote:
As soon as your Kingdom has acquired the most Towers (even in the case of a tie with another player), the Queen rejoins it.

The coin bonus during the game and the crown bonus at the end goes to the player who most recently acquired the maximum tower number. The only strangeness is that such an important rule is spelled within parenthesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erikkov wrote:
while it seems in the rules with ties the queen passes back and forth for the coin purchase discount it does not cover scoring at end of game.

This is because the queen does not move during scoring. There's no need for the rules to cover it. Towers have nothing to do with end-game scoring (unless a town tile says otherwise).

The rules say:
Quote:
If you are the player hosting the Queen, place her on your largest territory (red towns included) where she will count as a crown.

So that's all. Whoever already has her places her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Holmquist
msg tools
I have another question about the queen.
What happens if my two largest territories are equal in size? Do I get to decide which of these territories the queen will add a crown to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Chaffer
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Grand Rapids Area Boardgamers
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honkster wrote:
What happens if my two largest territories are equal in size? Do I get to decide which of these territories the queen will add a crown to?
I'll answer with a thought experiment: How many points does the queen add if placed on the first territory? What if she's on the second one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Holmquist
msg tools
blush Ok, so it doesn’t matter. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.