Hide
10 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can the "addiction" trait ever be cured? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J G
msg tools
Playing the game solo and got myself addicted to psycho. Man, that stuff feels good, but it also costs me a cap to unexhaust every time I camp (according to the rules reference, exhausted cards *must* be unexhausted during the camp action). And since I'm addicted, I can't sell or drop it. I need to quit, but how?

Can the addiction trait ever be removed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
addictol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
A good question, I'm afraid I don't anything about the boardgame; but I remember a quest in Fallout 2 that led to a cure for addiction to a drug called Jet.

If it's something you voluntarily chose to start, you might just be stuck with the Psycho addiction. If you wanted to house rule a cure, you might be able to extend rules for medicine or R&D to determine your chances of finding a cure, or failing that, sacrifice a level-up opportunity to invest those resources in "getting clean".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
ckneeland wrote:
addictol

Thanks! I scanned through the shop deck and found it. Only 1 addictol in the whole game! Looks like I'm going to be living with this affliction for a while. Addiction is rough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget you can discard two Junk cards to pick a card from the shop item/discard pile so it is possible to use multiple times. But yeah, if someone is hoarding the addictol you're in for a rough time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
If they playing solo and also hoarding the Addictol they are way too mean to themselves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
greeze wrote:
Playing the game solo and got myself addicted to psycho. Man, that stuff feels good, but it also costs me a cap to unexhaust every time I camp (according to the rules reference, exhausted cards *must* be unexhausted during the camp action). And since I'm addicted, I can't sell or drop it. I need to quit, but how?

Can the addiction trait ever be removed?

I'm waiting to play for slightly less than a month, but I've read the rules and the RRG doesn't quite say that.
RRG wrote:
If a card has a cost to unexhaust it, the survivor must pay the cost when that card would unexhaust, otherwise the card stays exhausted.

You don't have to pay if you are fine leaving the card exhausted. It's just a bummer that death can't cure you since you can never discard drugs once addicted.

I might houserule something as I can see a real problem. When addicted, if I pick up two drugs for loot, my inventory is stuck being full. That means I could never even pick up addictol to heal myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does getting the well rested trait do it? That's what I assumed, though it's never happened since I've only used a drug once in 4 games and I roll to avoid addiction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't become well rested when addicted. The addicted side has a lock icon.

Page 14, rules reference, Traits:

Quote:
If the faceup side of a trait token shows a lock icon, that token
cannot be flipped over. If a survivor would gain the trait on
the opposite side, he or she does not gain that trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Camp Action" in the Rules Reference:

Quote:
All exhausted cards must be unexhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.