Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mbmbmbmbmb
Time Paradox

Dear Participant,
You have been selected to take part in an event that will shape the course of history. A fun little game, if you will, with your prize being avoiding both the fabric of your timeline unravalling and the destruction of everything you know and cherish.

All games have rules, and this one is no exception. Find attached to this letter a handout with the information you will require.

You will not be permitted to leave your confinement chamber until the start of the game, but feel free to contemplate why you've been chosen for this exciting experience and the utter despair you might feel should you lose, as you realise that your own actions have doomed an entire universe of existence to nothingness.

Best regards,
C

This is the fourth game in the Time Paradox series. No prior knowledge of the previous games is required to play, but may be helpful.

Semi-known role-set. No reveal (but a priest).
Players: 21
Start Date: July 3rd
Lynch: 4pm BGG
Night Orders Due: 5pm BGG
Tiebreaker: LHLV

The Roles: each player will have three parts to their role. One part will be one of the standard Werewolf base from the list below. The second part will be a quirk, a private attribute or order that will generally be always active or usable every day/night. The third will be a private, once-per-game (OPG) attribute or order that will only be usable/triggered 'once'.

Most powers will be chronological, in that they follow the chronological flow of time. Some powers will be orthagonal, in that they follow the flow of time as we experience it. See the Cassandra Laboratories Time Travel Safety Guidelines below for more detail.

The bases in the game are:

Good - Win by having no living Max Evils (Werewolves and Witch Cub) at the end of any timeline, or have one Max Evil alive with the Hunter

1 Seer - Each night, can view a living player for Max Evil/Not Max Evil. If the Witch Cub is unpromoted, they will be viewed as Not Max Evil, and viewed as Max Evil if promoted. Gets a random, negative (Not Max Evil) 'N0' view. See rules clarification below for details on N0 views.

1 Quirk Seer - Each night, can view a living player and learn what quirk they have.

1 Hunter - If a Max Evil and a Hunter are the only living players, Good wins.

1 Martyr - Each night, can protect a player. If that player is targeted by any form of killing action that night, the Martyr will die in their place. If the protected player is targeted by multiple killing actions, the Martyr will only prevent one. The Martyr cannot protect the same person on consequtive nights.

1 Priest - Each night, can target a dead player to learn what base they had.

9 Villagers - Just here to have a good time.

Evil - Win by achieving parity between Max Evils and not-Max Evils at the end of any timeline, with the exception of a 1v1 Max Evil vs Hunter scenario

4 Werewolves - Max - Share a chat with the other Werewolves. Each night, the Werewolves can collectively target a living player to be killed.

1 Witch Cub - Aux/Max - Starts the game as an Aux Evil. Once a Max Evil dies, the Witch Cub will promote and become Max Evil, join the Werewolf chat, and help select the night kill. Each night, may select a player to block the power of their base. Cannot block the same player on consequtive nights.

1 Sorcerer - Aux - Each night, can view a living player for Seer/Quirk Seer/Not Seer. Gets a random, negative (Not Seer) 'N0' view. See rules clarification below for details on N0 views.

1 Quirk Sorcerer - Each night, can view a living player and learn what quirk they have.

----

Examples of roles:

Role names typically (but not always) follow a '[Quirk][Base] With [OPG]' format.

So a Seer (base) who can bake a cake each night (quirk) and as a once per game ability can get a reservation at an exclusive restaurant (OPG) might be named 'Sweet-Toothed Seer With Friends in High Places'.

A Werewolf (base) who must jumble up letters when they're posting (quirk) and sneezes the first time they're voted (OPG) might be named 'Dyslexic Werewolf With an Allergy'.

----

Cassandra Laboratories Time Travel Safety Guidelines:
- This game (or at least, the game as we experience it) may not follow a Day 1, Day 2, Day 3... format.

- The chronological Day 1 is the day the timeline starts, Day 2 is the second day in the timeline, etc. Most game effects will follow the chronological timeline, and the Day 1, Day 2 format of identifying days will typically refer to the chronologial timeline.

- The orthagonal timeline is the order that we physically play the days as players. This will only be relevant for a small number of effects.

- Events that happen once at a point in chronological time will happen each time at that point unless something in the past has made it impossible. This includes votes, player powers, and external events.

First example:

Day 3, SuperChutney has been lynched with the following vote tally:
SuperChutney - 3 - worshipsf (1), clockworkd (2), tiny3ears(5)
worshipsf - 2 - SuperChutney (3), Belash (4)

If clockworkd is lynched on the choronological Day 2 that is orthagonally later in the game, Day 3's events would play out as if clockworkd had never been alive that day and the day three vote tally would become:
worshipsf - 2 SuperChutney (2), Belash (3)
SuperChutney - 2 - worshipsf (1), tiny3ears (4)

and worshipsf would be lynched due to LHLV tie-breaker. Day 4's events would play out as if worshipsf had always been lynched D3 and SuperChutney never died.

Second example:

Night 3, SuperChutney uses his OPG ('give a living player a cake') to give Bluelise a cake.

Later in the game (orthagonally), it is Night 2 and SuperChutney hasn't yet used his OPG (chronologically) and now uses it to give Geniesse a cake. Now when it gets to Night 3, SuperChutney has already used his OPG, and Bluelise does not get a cake.

Later in the game still (orthagonally), Geniesse gets killed Night 1, so SuperChutney's Night 2 order fails (Geniesse is not a living player in this timeline) and on Night 3 his OPG order gives Bluelise a cake.

- Orders targeting players must always include 3 players, in preference order. For example, if the order targets living players (such as the Max Evil nightkill) and first choice player ends up dying at an earlier chronological time, the first choice cannot be targeted to be killed and the order will target the second preference and so on. If all three players are ineligible for being targeted, it will be as if the targeting player submitted no order.

- You are strongly recommended to submit orders even while you're dead, in case you end up being alive in a different timeline.

This can basically be summed up by:
- Players that die will typically no longer affect events in the chronological future.
- Once something happens, it will continue to happen at the point in time unless something in the past changes and makes it impossible. If the past changes again and makes the event possible again, it will resume happening.
- This applies to almost everything in the game, but there may be exceptions.

----

This game will generally be between D Negative 3 and D5. There may be exceptions to this rule.

----
Rule additions and clarifications

'Following' and 'Previous' Days

Powers that refer to the following or previous day typically refer to days that 'exist' on the timeline. So at the orthagonal start of the game (D1), if you use an ability that gives all players cake at the start of the next day, and the second orthagonal day happens to be chronological D4, the ability would give all players a cake at the start of D4 because that's the next day in the chronological timeline that exists. Later in the game (orthagonally), if we play chronological D2, everyone would get cake at the start of D2 and not D4, since D2 is now the next day after D1 that exists in the timeline.

Chronological vs Orthogonal Powers

The rules post goes to some length to make the distinction between chronological (timeline) and orthogonal (real life) days. Implicit to this (and now being made explicit) is that chronological powers can be undone, since we can go back in chronological time, but orthogonal powers typically cannot be, since we can't go back in real life time. This also means that a power that works chronologically can be stopped by killing the player earlier in the timeline, but orthogonal powers can not. Orthogonal power can be treated as occuring outside the timeline, so once they happen, they typically can't be undone. As a reminder, orthogonal powers are clearly marked in your role description with a big ORTHOGONAL tag. If it's not orthogonal, it's chronological!

Dead Players
Dead players are encouraged to continue to vote and use powers while they're dead. These orders will be used for timelines when they are alive, with the relevant timestamps being used for when they occur. Please use your vote chat to record your votes while dead.

Voting For Dead Players
Votes for dead players are invalid (ignored) while they're dead, but you can still submit votes for dead players in case they're alive on that day in a different timeline. Votes for (currently) dead players go into your vote chat, since Cassie won't recognise them in the thread! Timestamps of when they're submitted will be used for LHLV, etc.

Example:
At 1pm, SuperChutney votes in the thread for Belash, who is alive. At 2pm, SuperChutney votes in his vote chat for bluelise, who is dead. At 3pm SuperChutney votes in the thread for Geniesse, who is alive.

At dusk, in the thread, SuperChutney's votes look like:
Belash (1), Geniesse (2)

However, in a different, later timeline which has bluelise is alive during this day, SuperChutney's votes look like:

Belash (1), bluelise (2), Geniesse (3)

Reminder For 3 Targets Per Order
With the exception of ORTHOGONAL powers, all orders need to have at least three targets included in order of preference for the order to valid (you are welcome to include more than three). Note that your order is valid even if the individual players on them are not valid (for example, the Seer can only view living players, but can submit an order with three dead players in order of preference in case they're alive in a different timeline). If your power targets multiple players at once, you need to have three sets of players for it to be valid.

Group Orders
If there is an order that is shared between multiple players (such as the Werewolves night kill), the last order to be submitted is still successful even if the player who submitted that order is blocked (such as by the Witch), as long as at least one other member of the group is alive and unblocked. Think of these orders as being carried out by the group instead of one specific person.

No Night Posting:
No posting after dusk is called! Night orders will be processed at 5pm, or as soon as all players have locked in their night orders through their mod chat. You can resume posting once dawn is called.

Randomised N0 actions:
'N0' actions (such as for the Seer and Sorcerer) are treated as the first-pick of that action for the night previous to D1. So when we travel over that time period again, a different target can't be picked unless the initial 'N0' is now dead in the chronological timeline.

Example:
SuperChutney received a randomised, negative 'N0' view on D1 that bluelise is not a max evil. The second orthagonal day is D Negative 2, in which SC submits an order to view Amaroq, Belash and Geniesse in order of preference.

Because the only days currently in the timeline are D -2 and D1, D -2 is the day prior to D1 in the timeline, so SC's D -2 is treated as:

View bluelise, Amaroq, Belash, Geniesse

and he views bluelise N -2.

Later in the game (orthogonally), it is now D -1, and SC submits an order to view worshipsf, clockworkd, tiny3ears.

Because the timeline is now D -2, D -1, D1, SC's orders are treated as:

N -2: View Amaroq, Belash, Geniesse
N -1: View bluelise, worshipsf, clockworkd, tiny3ears

so in this timeline, he views Amaroq N -2 and bluelise N -1

Quoting From Mod-chat
Don't do it. Please paraphrase things like role descriptions or longer power results. Obviously, there's some things where paraphrasing is not needed (Priest views, for example, are just the base). But using specific wording or meta things such as spelling errors from me to clear/condemn other people is lame so don't try it.

This is a Game
Play nice and treat each other with respect, even when betraying or lynching the stuffing out of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Placeholder Thread
This is the placeholder thread for the Time Paradox game that will be run in July as part of the 2018 BGG Werewolf Redux Series. Sign-ups are not open yet (I haven't designed the game yet), but this thread is going up now so people can subscribe to it and get notified when sign-ups open next year. Sign ups are now open!

For those that are unfamiliar with the Time Paradox games:

Q: "What the heck is a Time Paradox game?"
A: Time Paradox started as part of an experimental science-themed game series I moderated, the first in the series being Schrodinger's Cat. The key gimmick of Time Paradox is that the game is likely to play out in a way that isn't chronological. Modifications made earlier in the chronological timeline by lynches/nightkills/powers can have drastic consequences in already-played days later in the chronological timeline, as shown in the simple example in the OP above.

Q: "Is this like X time-travel themed werewolf game I've played?"
A: Not mechanically-identical, but likely in the similar vein.

Q: "Where can I see the previous iterations?"
A: The three previous Time Paradox games can be viewed here, here, and here. (Though they're looking a little different to how I remember them. Has something happened? Nah, I'm sure it's fine...) The third link is the more similar to what this new game will be like than the previous two.

Q: "Sounds complex."
A: That's not a question, but yes, it is. It is well-deserving of its Extreme complexity status.

Q: "Why should I play?"
A: Though each iteration of the game has things I'd like to improve on, feedback has been positive (particularly for the more recent versions), and the second and third games won the 2013 and 2014 Best Non-Traditional Wolfie Awards, so I'm hopeful I can put together another high-quality game for everyone to enjoy.

Q: "Is this game for everybody?"
A: Definitely not. Check back once sign-ups are open when more information will be available on the game and judge for yourself. Some key points are that a) it's a high complexity game, b) there is no guaranteed reveal and the role-set is not completely known (bases are, quirks and OPGs are not), and c) once you die, you can potentially come back to life and that means a longer time commitment for a number of players.

Q: "Game balance?"
A: Attempted but not promised.

For those that are more familiar with the Time Paradox games:

Q: "I thought you said you were done with Time Paradox?"
A: I lied, and what are you, the Moderating Police? In the three years since I said that, I've had a few requests to run one again. And I had too much fun running the first three to say no.

Q: "What's going to be different this time?"
A: The rules post above covers the basic differences. No reveal, more elements to a role, defined (base) roleset, orders permitted (and encouraged!) while dead. This iteration is endevouring to be the best of the four in terms of polish, but not necessarily the biggest in terms of mechanics.

Q: "I have feedback on what I did/didn't like about previous Time Paradox games."
A: Not a question, but I would love any feedback, either here or via GM.

Q: "I had a lot of fun in a previous Time Paradox game and am expecting to have a similarly good time in this one."
A: That's also not a question! And I hope you will as well! But nothing is life is certain! And this is also not an identical rerun of [insert Time Paradox game you liked here]!

Q: "Do you want/need a co-mod?"
A: Yes/probably yes, dcorrin and linguist have first dibs if they want, but GM me if your interested in case they want to sit out this time around. This is just an expression of interest, no one is committing to anything until much closer to the game starting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Placeholder Thread
A placeholder in case I need to go back in time and add something here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Yes! YES!!!

/using Time Travel to sign up before the Cassie post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Send In The Clowns!
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Mighty Pirate
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured I'd save you all some time by letting you know Royal is the last evil that we needed to lynch on Day 5. Don't let him talk you out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (0/21)
Player List According to Cassandra:
acox89
Avin
BerenCamlost
cvb2009
dejojam1
DeMorcerf
Kortemaki
Livia
ljtrigirl
LudesFactor
madelineb
nolemonplease
oldhoss
PaperF
Quixima
RoyalApe
SerWave
shawnad2006
The_Rorab
whirlingdervish
zenofkermit

21 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1893808

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (3/21)
Past-Me just signed Future-Me up on Cassandra.

Damnit, Past-Me!!!

Current-Me is too drunk t' make that kind'a decision!!

Signed, Current-Me

(Now, Past-Me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (4/21)
Amaroq81 wrote:

Damnit, Past-Me!!!

Signed, Current-Me

(Now, Past-Me)
Looking forward to playing this with you, Amaroqs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (4/21)
nolemonplease wrote:
Amaroq81 wrote:

Damnit, Past-Me!!!

Signed, Current-Me

(Now, Past-Me)
Looking forward to having playinged this with you, Amaroqs!
FYP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Freedonia
flag msg tools
badge
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (6/21)
Cassandra on up signed just I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (13/21)
I'd like to assert that this occurs like right as DTC happens, so at least 3 of us so far will be dual wielding that, but I wouldn't want this to not fill, so I'll do my best =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (13/21)
The_Rorab wrote:
I'd like to assert that this occurs like right as DTC happens, so at least 3 of us so far will be dual wielding that, but I wouldn't want this to not fill, so I'll do my best =)
I'm not sure what DTC is, but unfortunately we don't have much wriggle room for timetabling. I tried to pick a slot without overlapping games, but July is just too packed.

Let's hope duel-wielding works okay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperChutney wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
I'm not sure what DTC is, but unfortunately we don't have much wriggle room for timetabling. I tried to pick a slot without overlapping games, but July is just too packed.

Let's hope duel-wielding works okay!
Dice Tower Con =)

A board game convention in Florida.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a Time Paradox game if I'm not at a convention the first several days of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (14/21)
This looks bad ass!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (16/21)
Amekins wrote:
This looks bad ass!
It is. I just a little while ago signed up on Cassandra ... or was that sometime later today?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (16/21)
This is now a dual time-travelling moderator supershow, with
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
having very generously offered to help me out with keeping the timelines stable.

Or at least, as stable as the timelines can be, given the abuse from 21 players they're soon to be subjected to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timeline update:

Assuming we get the 3 players we need to round out the roster before then, the game will probably start about 24 hours from now, with first lynch at 4pm BGG on Thursday.

If it doesn't fill, it will need to be put on hold into later in the year (hopefully without the usual confluence of conventions), but rest assured it will be running at some point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It's not about who you know. Enlightenment comes from within. The Dalai Lama texted me that.
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (18/21)
4pm on Thursday could be a low activity D1.
Wednesday (tomorrow) is a major holiday in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (18/21)
My bad, even I should have remembered about the 4th of July.

Timetable update update:

Dawn will be sometime late on Wednesday or early on Thursday, with D1 dusk on 4pm BGG on Friday. Everyone gets a nice long D2(?) over the weekend, and then it's back ot the usual daily timetable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
lol yes i am teh stabbr
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (20/21) - Starting soon, one more player needed!
A'ight I'm too tempted not to. Lynch time isn't the best for me tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (20/21) - Starting soon, one more player needed!
Livia wrote:
A'ight I'm too tempted not to. Lynch time isn't the best for me tho.
It was alright when I first set the game up in Cassandra, but that was before daylight savings messed with everything.

Glad to have you on board, regardless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (Full/21) - PM me if you'd like to be an alternate
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in brackets:
[vote jmilum]

3. If your game allows, and you [vote nightfall] your vote will
be locked. Your moderator may have disabled nightfall votes.

4. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread
regularly if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each
game day) are also available on the Cassandra game page.

5. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

6. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

7. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

8. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

9. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Force Vote Tally' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow Nightfall votes.
Your Moderator has chosen to allow No Lynch votes.

Vote Log Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1893808/votes
Vote Tally Page: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1893808/tally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Time Paradox: The Culmination of the Moderately Alarming and Considerably Perplexing History of Time Travel Sponsored by Cassandra Laboratories - Sign Up Thread (Full/21) - PM me if you'd like to be an alternate
Rule additions and clarifications (this will be added to the OP at the start of the thread)

'Following' and 'Previous' Days

Powers that refer to the following or previous day typically refer to days that 'exist' on the timeline. So at the orthagonal start of the game (D1), if you use an ability that gives all players cake at the start of the next day, and the second orthagonal day happens to be chronological D4, the ability would give all players a cake at the start of D4 because that's the next day in the chronological timeline that exists. Later in the game (orthagonally), if we play chronological D2, everyone would get cake at the start of D2 and not D4, since D2 is now the next day after D1 that exists in the timeline.

Chronological vs Orthogonal Powers

The rules post goes to some length to make the distinction between chronological (timeline) and orthogonal (real life) days. Implicit to this (and now being made explicit) is that chronological powers can be undone, since we can go back in chronological time, but orthogonal powers typically cannot be, since we can't go back in real life time. This also means that a power that works chronologically can be stopped by killing the player earlier in the timeline, but orthogonal powers can not. Orthogonal power can be treated as occuring outside the timeline, so once they happen, they typically can't be undone. As a reminder, orthogonal powers are clearly marked in your role description with a big ORTHOGONAL tag. If it's not orthogonal, it's chronological!

Dead Players
Dead players are encouraged to continue to vote and use powers while they're dead. These orders will be used for timelines when they are alive, with the relevant timestamps being used for when they occur. Please use your vote chat to record your votes while dead.

Voting For Dead Players
Votes for dead players are invalid (ignored) while they're dead, but you can still submit votes for dead players in case they're alive on that day in a different timeline. Votes for (currently) dead players go into your vote chat, since Cassie won't recognise them in the thread! Timestamps of when they're submitted will be used for LHLV, etc.

Example:
At 1pm, SuperChutney votes in the thread for Belash, who is alive. At 2pm, SuperChutney votes in his vote chat for bluelise, who is dead. At 3pm SuperChutney votes in the thread for Geniesse, who is alive.

At dusk, in the thread, SuperChutney's votes look like:
Belash (1), Geniesse (2)

However, in a different, later timeline which has bluelise is alive during this day, SuperChutney's votes look like:

Belash (1), bluelise (2), Geniesse (3)

Reminder For 3 Targets Per Order
With the exception of ORTHOGONAL powers, all orders need to have at least three targets included in order of preference for the order to valid (you are welcome to include more than three). Note that your order is valid even if the individual players on them are not valid (for example, the Seer can only view living players, but can submit an order with three dead players in order of preference in case they're alive in a different timeline). If your power targets multiple players at once, you need to have three sets of players for it to be valid.

Group Orders
If there is an order that is shared between multiple players (such as the Werewolves night kill), the last order to be submitted is still successful even if the player who submitted that order is blocked (such as by the Witch), as long as at least one other member of the group is alive and unblocked. Think of these orders as being carried out by the group instead of one specific person.

Quoting From Mod-chat
Don't do it. Please paraphrase things like role descriptions or longer power results. Obviously, there's some things where paraphrasing is not needed (Priest views, for example, are just the base). But using specific wording or meta things such as spelling errors from me to clear/condemn other people is lame so don't try it.

This is a Game
Play nice and treat each other with respect, even when betraying or lynching the stuffing out of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[dawn]
Day 1

"Do you start to see now, the lengths to which someone might go to preserve themselves? I wonder, does the loss of one life mean anything to the preservation of an entire timeline? An entire universe of being?

Will any of you falter, knowing that this might be the last day you ever experience? I need another name today.

...Wait, wasn't there supposed to be less of you than this? Ah, I see...

The game has begun! Dusk will be at 4pm BGG on Friday.

I'm heading to sleep shortly, but will check back later to help with any questions.

There are two PaperFs today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [174] |