Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Bosworth
United States
Downieville
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering if Curtis should be a NCT (from ever reliable Wickipedia):
In September, Curtis was given command of the District of Missouri, but Lincoln was soon forced to reassign him, after Curtis's abolitionist views led to conflict with the governor of Missouri

And Sickles should not be:
He was relieved after Gettysburg because he was wounded, not for Politics (that came later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting, but would Curtis had been removed if he were given command of the Army of the James? I doubt his abolitionist views would lead to conflict there.

Sickles has a leader counter? I don't remember him. I checked the photo of the counter sheet with the Union leaders and didn't see him there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korvessa wrote:
Just wondering if Curtis should be a NCT (from ever reliable Wickipedia):
In September, Curtis was given command of the District of Missouri, but Lincoln was soon forced to reassign him, after Curtis's abolitionist views led to conflict with the governor of Missouri

And Sickles should not be:
He was relieved after Gettysburg because he was wounded, not for Politics (that came later).

Sorry but what is "NCT" stand for. My brain can't remember and I'm sure I should know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NCT = Non-Combat Termination

Its in the optional leader rules, not part of the original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everette Robertson
United States
Calhoun
KY
flag msg tools
mbmb
NapTown Jim wrote:
Interesting, but would Curtis had been removed if he were given command of the Army of the James? I doubt his abolitionist views would lead to conflict there.

Sickles has a leader counter? I don't remember him. I checked the photo of the counter sheet with the Union leaders and didn't see him there.

Sickles is one of the optional variant leaders in the unofficial 3rd edition.

While it's true that Sickles was wounded at Gettysburg, there were plenty of officers who lost their legs and continued to serve. But Sickles' corps was dissolved after Gettysburg and Grant had no later need for his services, so he was effectively cashiered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.