Wim Magermans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I decided to back (late pledge) the Forbidden Forrest kickstarter as the value is still too good.

They say they will ship the games from china to Europe on their own cost, then it will ship from Europe to my country.

Was this the same with the original kickstarter and if so, how much did some European backers paid for the shipping cost?

Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
It's not going to be comparable, because shipping prices for the original game was handled overly optimistically. I think it was $40US, and across Wave 1 and 2, that was no where near enough. But that's also because they freighted to the US, and then shipped from there.

Noone knows what shipping prices for this are going to be, but I'd expect Euro backers won't be screwed, UNLESS you order add-ons. The two pledge levels (Sumo and Shogun) are being handled from an EU hub, but anything extra (Trederra, etc, even additional dice) will be shipped from the US, and so additional shipping costs would apply.

So if you want to keep prices reasonable, you'll need to keep to the two pledge levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Morgan Vening wrote:
Noone knows what shipping prices for this are going to be, but I'd expect Euro backers won't be screwed, UNLESS you order add-ons. The two pledge levels (Sumo and Shogun) are being handled from an EU hub, but anything extra (Trederra, etc, even additional dice) will be shipped from the US, and so additional shipping costs would apply.

So if you want to keep prices reasonable, you'll need to keep to the two pledge levels.

Actually... not so, according to the main page for the KS:

"Extra Add-on items are US, EU, UK, Canada, and Australia Friendly. They will be packed and delivered to our distribution centers in the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia (at our expense) and then shipped to individual Backer addresses from within the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia for Backers in those regions."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That said, yeah, Morgan is right that the original KS is a completely different shipping beast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
gavindowning wrote:
Morgan Vening wrote:

"Extra Add-on items are US, EU, UK, Canada, and Australia Friendly. They will be packed and delivered to our distribution centers in the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia (at our expense) and then shipped to individual Backer addresses from within the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia for Backers in those regions."

Oh, cool. I could have sworn I read that wasn't going to be the case, and it was all going to be US hub shipped. Good to know I was wrong. Yay for everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Keetlaer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Morgan Vening wrote:
gavindowning wrote:
Morgan Vening wrote:

Oh, cool. I could have sworn I read that wasn't going to be the case, and it was all going to be US hub shipped. Good to know I was wrong. Yay for everybody!

Initially it wasn't going to be happening via hubs. Only later on they changed that and we (in EU and other parts of the world) will all be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Japan
Iwaki
Fukushima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my Gold Minecart shipping notice in Japan. $300. Fuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Magermans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
wiredreflexes wrote:
Just got my Gold Minecart shipping notice in Japan. $300. Fuck.

With FF it should ship from europe itself (Germany?), so normally it won't be such a high shipping fee, or so I hope cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.