Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Day
Wales
Llandrindod Wells
Powys
flag msg tools
mb
Just a note for us boardgamer types rather than miniature gamers (although I am both as it happens)

The miniatures do not need any assembly and are ready to use straight out of the box.

Got to say I have backed this and it looks to be Space Crusade for the 21st century - can't be bad.

Plays solo and co-op and comes with 6 player boards.

The player boards look insane - have a look at the video in video section. Cool or what?

It's this level of detail that makes me believe this to be a well thought out product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree I think this game looks marvellous. Can't wait for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Farnum
msg tools
The terrain is the best out there. It’s also good for other games like Imperial Assault and will work well with the new FFG Legion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggus Doggus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Use the terrain with other games, use the models from other games with this one. It's a win win situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knucklesamwich wrote:
The terrain is the best out there. It’s also good for other games like Imperial Assault and will work well with the new FFG Legion.

Imperial Assault uses preconstructed maps, the idea of using Core Space's 3d terrain sure is exciting but I'm not sure how it could be done...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggus Doggus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Azikin wrote:
Imperial Assault uses preconstructed maps, the idea of using Core Space's 3d terrain sure is exciting but I'm not sure how it could be done...

Well the first thing you do is think out of the box. IA uses pre-constructed maps because it comes with a limited set of terrain tiles that by definition constrains the player. Ignore all that and build yourself a cool looking board with Battle Systems, and simply modify any rules that are a problem.

Expand your horizons and change the game to fit the terrain not the other way around.

I've done it with their fantasy set to play a fully 3 dimensional version of Heroquest - great fun having my heroes need to fight their way up stairs and along battlements before descending to a dungeon and jumping a lava pit to obtain some piece of magical treasure. I've similarly seen it done with games like Space Hulk, Zombiecide, AvP etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Fox
msg tools
Looking forward to playing with this a year from now with the Zombicide invader minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.