1066, Tears To Many Mothers» Forums » General

Subject: Artist Ania Kryczkowska has left the project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Smith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very sad to read that the artist Ania Kryczkowska has left the project.

Her art was a big reason why I backed the project. The sample art from the new art team, The Creation Studio, looks very good, so credit to Tristan on finding such capable replacements to take over the job and for wanting to continue Ania's artistic direction for the project. The sample art has lessened my disappointment considerably.

The lesson to me is that in future I will not back a Kickstarter based partly on the artist.

Looking at all the art Ania did for Gloom of Kilforth, it did look like a very hefty artistic burden to me.

I hope we see Ania back in boardgames soon. Ditto Fernanda Suarez, who has left Plaid Hat's Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn project. Though in the case of Ashes, it does give me strength to get out of the game while there are still pennies left in the bank. I just could not resist her art!

Good luck to Ania, I'll be keeping an eye out for her work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know the reason of why she left the project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Do we know the reason of why she left the project?

Taken from the latest update on Kickstarter:

"The pace of producing such high quality games is hugely intensive and unfortunately became too much for Ania Kryczkowska, who has been juggling other projects and personal issues which have taken greater priority for her. As a result of these issues Ania has regrettably chosen to leave our project..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. I love her work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested to know what else she is working on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United States
flag msg tools
Dino DNA!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
I would be interested to know what else she is working on.

Yes, her work on this game is so cool, and all her work and style will definitely add greatly to the final product, even if some of the images are from the new team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, burnout sucks!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Sad to hear, but understandable, any artist has only so much time and energy.

I hope, though, that the art she has already completed will still be featured in the finished game. I would prefer this, with some cards showing a different style, than to lose out on her work altogether. She is a genuine talent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers guys, we're disappointed Ania has chosen to move on too, but luckily our new team of artists are just as fantastic. You can see their work in our latest update here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1894212/1066-tears-many-mot...

And yes, we'll still be using the art we've already paid for too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that looks just as good. Gyrth is channeling his inner Kylo Renn tho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
blackmeeple wrote:
I was very sad to read that the artist Ania Kryczkowska has left the project.

Her art was a big reason why I backed the project. The sample art from the new art team, The Creation Studio, looks very good, so credit to Tristan on finding such capable replacements to take over the job and for wanting to continue Ania's artistic direction for the project. The sample art has lessened my disappointment considerably.

The lesson to me is that in future I will not back a Kickstarter based partly on the artist.

Looking at all the art Ania did for Gloom of Kilforth, it did look like a very hefty artistic burden to me.

I hope we see Ania back in boardgames soon. Ditto Fernanda Suarez, who has left Plaid Hat's Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn project. Though in the case of Ashes, it does give me strength to get out of the game while there are still pennies left in the bank. I just could not resist her art!

Good luck to Ania, I'll be keeping an eye out for her work.

Yep is sad that Ania has left wish here the best. Also didn't know that about Fernanda Suarez, another fab artist. What was the last expansion that she did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pearson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's sad to see Ania leave the project, she has done some absolutely fantastic work on GoK and what we have seen so far of 1066.

But wish her all the best with her future endeavours and hope to see her art appear elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both_Sides_of My_Table
United Kingdom
Market Drayton
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pearscw wrote:
It's sad to see Ania leave the project, she has done some absolutely fantastic work on GoK and what we have seen so far of 1066.

But wish her all the best with her future endeavours and hope to see her art appear elsewhere.

+1 to Chris’ comment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Ania be back for Touch of Death?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heartily concur with Chris' comment.
+2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.