Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morgan Void
United States
Shepherdstown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting for my copy to ship, it gets here today surprise

I ordered from CoolStuffInc and I noticed that the package weight was 12.8 lbs, but the actual weight of the game is 9.3 lbs (according to Amazon); yeah packaging weighs some, but 3.5 lbs? I know CoolStuffInc uses the Styrofoam snow, but that stuff doesn't weigh much--and yeah, I know cardboard can add up weight pretty quick.

I realize that I am a bad judgement in weight, but can anyone confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
void_presence wrote:
So yeah, I'm anxiously awaiting for my copy to ship, it gets here today surprise

I ordered from CoolStuffInc and I noticed that the package weight was 12.8 lbs, but the actual weight of the game is 9.3 lbs (according to Amazon); yeah packaging weighs some, but 3.5 lbs? I know CoolStuffInc uses the Styrofoam snow, but that stuff doesn't weigh much--and yeah, I know cardboard can add up weight pretty quick.

Mine came in a huge box. Much bigger than the TI4 box and full of styrofoam. But I doubt it was 3 pounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
void_presence wrote:

As a person that packs and ships items on ebay, packaging and the box can add significant weight to the overall package.

If the box is big enough, the entire box could add at least a pound or two to the weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a third again as much weight is not out of the realm of normal for a single item. Mailed cyclades the other day: 3.5 for the game, 1.5 for packaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Yeah, a third again as much weight is not out of the realm of normal for a single item. Mailed cyclades the other day: 3.5 for the game, 1.5 for packaging.

When I sold my TI3, I think the shipping was like $33.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Did you use USPS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Did you use USPS?

Yes I did.

TI3 wasn't just heavy, but the box was quite big, which factored into shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
insightfulstrike wrote:
corkysru wrote:
insightfulstrike wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:

Did you use USPS?

Yes I did.

TI3 wasn't just heavy, but the box was quite big, which factored into shipping.

Yeah often times in situations like that you want to go with Fedex/UPS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.