Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Clans of Caledonia» Forums » General

Subject: Where to buy this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Conrade

Kansas
msg tools
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/clans-of-caledonia?v...

BGB ships to the USA (and are excellent people to deal with, btw). Roughly US$74 after conversion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Conrade

Kansas
msg tools
ira212 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...


Bummer! This was just recently closed!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ira212 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...


What are you assuming funagain bought the games for?
Are you not allowing funagain to charge a risk premium?

Funagain is only slightly higher cost ($10 more) than the late pledge cost (with shipping).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Conrade

Kansas
msg tools
mfl134 wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...


What are you assuming funagain bought the games for?
Are you not allowing funagain to charge a risk premium?

Funagain is only slightly higher cost ($10 more) than the late pledge cost (with shipping).


Isnt Funagain charging 75+Shipping? If so, thats a lot higher than the pledge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheezball wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...


What are you assuming funagain bought the games for?
Are you not allowing funagain to charge a risk premium?

Funagain is only slightly higher cost ($10 more) than the late pledge cost (with shipping).


Isnt Funagain charging 75+Shipping? If so, thats a lot higher than the pledge.


Depend the exchange rate you get. It was 51 euro to do the late pledge including shipping. So this is 60-65 dollars.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...


What are you assuming funagain bought the games for?
Are you not allowing funagain to charge a risk premium?

Funagain is only slightly higher cost ($10 more) than the late pledge cost (with shipping).


Isnt Funagain charging 75+Shipping? If so, thats a lot higher than the pledge.


Depend the exchange rate you get. It was 51 euro to do the late pledge including shipping. So this is 60-65 dollars.


Also, funagain is gonna price it assuming you get free shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ira212 wrote:
Cheezball wrote:
ira212 wrote:
Hi all - anyone have a suggestion for where to find this game? I see it on amazon for $80+ but I'm guessing a more fair price is available elsewhere, though I haven't found it. My inclination is to buy directly from the publisher if possible but I didn't find it on a quick search. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!


You can join us in the long wait by late pledging, or pay a premium by buying through Funagain Games.
Can you point me to the place to late pledge? It seems like that's closed... https://karma-games.pledgemanager.com/projects/clans-of-cale...

The funagain games option is irksome to me since it "should" cost ~$45 based on the kickstarter price. I'm willing to wait for the publisher to tell me the proper channels to buy it so that they are getting more of the profit...


Based on the KS page, it should cost ~$65 since the pledge price was 30% off the retail price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The sad reality is, if you missed out on the KS and the late pledge, you'll likely have to pay above the standard MSRP for quite a while. I'm sure that Karma Games will print as many copies as they can, but as their first break out success the demand is going to be sky high and the supply will be very low for a long time. If the One Deck Dungeons, Roll Players, Gloomhavens of the world have taught us anything, it's that it may take the third or fourth edition before the price settles down to a reasonable MSRP.

But with as good a game as this, I say just bite the bullet. It really is that good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I saw saw $42 + $6 on the KS page, but I guess $75 with free shipping isn't crazy. I sent a message to the publisher to see if I can buy directly from them (to maximize their profit margin), but if they aren't selling directly, then maybe you're right that Funagain isn't crazy...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ira212 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I saw saw $42 + $6 on the KS page, but I guess $75 with free shipping isn't crazy. I sent a message to the publisher to see if I can buy directly from them (to maximize their profit margin), but if they aren't selling directly, then maybe you're right that Funagain isn't crazy...



What's your VENMO account? I'll send you $10 so you have the game. Its a ton of fun.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, Funagain was handling the KS fulfillment for USA pledges. So the publisher is already in a partnership situation with Funagain. I don't think the publisher will be displeased with people supporting Funagain for their role in this game's rollout.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Lo
msg tools
Data point:

Late pledged 11/22.
Shipping notice received this morning from UPS/Funagain.
Scheduled to arrive Thursday 12/14.

Anyone know if Late pledges include the sleeve and metal coins?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hhlodesign wrote:
Late pledged 11/22.
Shipping notice received this morning from UPS/Funagain.
Scheduled to arrive Thursday 12/14.

Anyone know if Late pledges include the sleeve and metal coins?


Late pledged November 8, no notice yet received notice just now.

I was able to late pledge for the coins, but they kept appearing and disappearing from the pledge options while I was deciding... not sure if I'll actually get them, although I was charged for them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Russell
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Late pledged 11/7. Got my shipping notice yesterday. I live in Oregon, so it should be here tomorrow. Yay!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.