Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Odd Shipping? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Watts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone else received their expansions, before receiving the actual game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrotTheCheat wrote:

Yes.

Been asked a lot on the Facebook groups and in the KS comments...seems to have happened to a lot of people.

Latest official post:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be that your wave 2 is identical to the wave 2 for typhon pledges (4 big bix expansions and storage box) and your wave 1 differs, so they are doing the all ins now and the special ones later. At least that is what i suspect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just rejoice.you have got something...I haven't had anything yet.but,titan pledges seem to be the last out?...this isn't a criticism by the way.they are sending the stuff out well ahead of schedule..just saying ive had nothing yet..keep checking my DPD app
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrotTheCheat wrote:

Yes, I've just received a package with nothing but expansions - not even all expansions, just the big ones and the storage box.

I also found it a little odd, although I have to admit that even "just" the big expansions already make for a big package, so I'm sure at least the mailman appreciates this little oddity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes its weird how things are being sent out..lot of people have got the core set and nothing else yet.some have got expansions but no core set.some have received both core and expansions [in two deliveries]..then some of us haven't received anything yet!.the titan pledges don't seem to have been posted out yet.so,im hoping that will come in one big delivery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
GrotTheCheat wrote:

Yes.

Been asked a lot on the Facebook groups and in the KS comments...seems to have happened to a lot of people.

Latest official post:
This is the third or fourth thread about it here on BGG. Recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
dc0nklin wrote:
GrotTheCheat wrote:

Yes.

Latest official post:
This is the third or fourth thread about it here on BGG. Recently.

I am a little amazed folks just pop up here, on FB, and even in KS comments and ask the question over and over again...given that 2 minutes of reading would answer all the questions....

And then they complain about it... shake

Meanwhile, there's those of us who check our email 20 times a day in hope of a shipping notice... scanning all the forums for some glimmer of hope someone near us has gotten something....that maybe, just maybe....something will show up for us. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing received here in Canada yet. I am hopeful to play it over the Christmas holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I was lucky with my Typhon, I received the base game with most of the medium sized expansions.

Missing the larger ones (Hera, Poisidon, etc) along with the storage box and the guest box. Hopefully they'll arrive soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Guess I was lucky with my Typhon, I received the base game with most of the medium sized expansions.

Missing the larger ones (Hera, Poisidon, etc) along with the storage box and the guest box. Hopefully they'll arrive soon.

Do you know the weight of the shipment you got? I also have typhon and just got a ups notification for 23 lbs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cooper
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
ellindar wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

Do you know the weight of the shipment you got? I also have typhon and just got a ups notification for 23 lbs?

I just got mine which weighted 23 lbs and it was the core plus all the small expansions. I backed typhoon as well so I'm waiting on all the big expansions and a couple of other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanruyn wrote:
ellindar wrote:
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:

I just got mine which weighted 23 lbs and it was the core plus all the small expansions. I backed typhoon as well so I'm waiting on all the big expansions and a couple of other things.

Should Have looked here first! Thanks for the great news, appreciate the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gotta admit I think it's pretty crappy planning on the part of their various fulfillment companies that these orders arrive this haphazardly. After they realized they had to split the shipment and couldn't send out in pairs (since they couldn't originally unpack all the containers, at least in Philibert's case), it *should* have been a no-brainer to ship out all the base game packages (ie. god pledges or god pledges + small expansions, depending on pledge level) first (Especially since those were the first containers to arrive anyway) and then follow it up with the second round big expansion/typhon shipment.

Instead there's complete chaos with some people already having both shipments, some having the first, others only the 2nd and tons of people nothing so far, and that's after, supposedly, more than half the packages have gone out (at least in Europe).

Obviously shipping a ton of packages takes time, but if you're going to ship things over a period of months, it would be nice to work out a system where you don't have some people getting everything in the first week and others getting nothing until the final day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
I gotta admit I think it's pretty crappy planning on the part of their various fulfillment companies that these orders arrive this haphazardly. After they realized they had to split the shipment and couldn't send out in pairs (since they couldn't originally unpack all the containers, at least in Philibert's case), it *should* have been a no-brainer to ship out all the base game packages (ie. god pledges or god pledges + small expansions, depending on pledge level) first (Especially since those were the first containers to arrive anyway) and then follow it up with the second round big expansion/typhon shipment.

Instead there's complete chaos with some people already having both shipments, some having the first, others only the 2nd and tons of people nothing so far, and that's after, supposedly, more than half the packages have gone out (at least in Europe).

Obviously shipping a ton of packages takes time, but if you're going to ship things over a period of months, it would be nice to work out a system where you don't have some people getting everything in the first week and others getting nothing until the final day.
yep got to agree..its a bit all over the place..i think the word we are looking for to sum the situation up is...Chaotic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
Flamin_Jesus wrote:

yep got to agree..its a bit all over the place..i think the word we are looking for to sum the situation up is...Chaotic.

And the latest update was pretty much just a repeat of the one before with some sentences rephrased, so it looks like they don't even have any real information on what's going on at their distribution centers either. Kind of a weak finish for such an otherwise strong campaign.

I hope they'll review their processes and work out a better plan for future projects, because JoA and MBR are going to have the exact same issues otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean lukie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
tootz wrote:
Flamin_Jesus wrote:

And the latest update was pretty much just a repeat of the one before with some sentences rephrased, so it looks like they don't even have any real information on what's going on at their distribution centers either. Kind of a weak finish for such an otherwise strong campaign.

I hope they'll review their processes and work out a better plan for future projects, because JoA and MBR are going to have the exact same issues otherwise.

This really comes down to the fulfillment centers. I think they will have to make decisions on whether or not to use the same ones based on performance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ellindar wrote:
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
tootz wrote:
Flamin_Jesus wrote:

This really comes down to the fulfillment centers. I think they will have to make decisions on whether or not to use the same ones based on performance.

That is, of course, correct (Although I have to say that whatever else you might say about Philibert, their packaging is probably the best I've ever seen -if a bit excessive from an environmental standpoint- based on the Conan KS). But there is the question of whether they gave them any direction beyond "get it out of the door!"

If they didn't work out a decent plan (such as the mentioned "send the base games out first, then the expansions") once they learned that single-package shipments weren't on the table, that's on Mythic, not their fulfillment centers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the mail I recieved, does this:

1 x MBP01: Mythic Battles Pantheon Core Game

contain all stretch goals?

and would that package even be split? or it should have everything inside?

i only did the basic pledge.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a bunch of stuff from my all in pledge today. I have not gone through much of it, I know some things are missing, but there are nine expansions along with my core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I received the 4 big expansions and deluxe storage box last week, but still no sign of the Core, Pandora, and all the other stuff I added on.

Still, if I use normal dice and treat 6's as blanks, and use a deck of playing cards as AoW cards, there's nothing stopping me having a game or two with restricted army choices so that's not too bad. I'd just rather play it as was intended so I'll wait.

I do feel for those who haven't had anything yet, but the sad fact is that someone, somewhere has to be the last person to receive their stuff (hell, it may even be me with my Core box! ) cos that's how Time works... Damn you, Chronos!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you are the last one. I also feel for those who are waiting so long. Not sure what to feel for Funagain on this one - They were in tough spot with several large orders coming in at the same time, but if you are a fulfillment business you have to know that stuff like this happens and how to ramp up and how to efficiently handle the confusion.

Splitting up the orders might have been necessary when shipments come in haphazardly so the fault might lie in China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I doubt you are the last one. I also feel for those who are waiting so long. Not sure what to feel for Funagain on this one - They were in tough spot with several large orders coming in at the same time, but if you are a fulfillment business you have to know that stuff like this happens and how to ramp up and how to efficiently handle the confusion.

Splitting up the orders might have been necessary when shipments come in haphazardly so the fault might lie in China.
we call it ...forward planning or,in this case the lack of !
I think monolith/mythic have to take some of the blame.as not planning it through properly with the distribution companies.
which is a real shame.as the rest of the KS has gone very very well.

still waiting for anything by the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:

still waiting for anything by the way

If the whole "Titan goes out last" thing is true you're gonna wait until senility, there's still not even the slightest hint of my Typhons, or my separate God pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a peep for me yet. In Los Angeles, CA.

Do people in the US get a shipment notification from Funagain before their package goes out, or does it just show up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.