Subject: Prodigal Society Feat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Daming
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I obtain the Prodigal Society feat?

I can't take the same card twice. It has a picture of communism and there isn't even two copies of that card in a 4 player game. I am sure I am missing something simple what is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a picture of the communism government but the feat clearly says that the same government (no matter which one) has to be established twice and not specifically communism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daming
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you establish the same gov if you can’t pick up the same card twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pick up the same card twice, you probably had many times the same yellow card in your hand, reserves or whatever.

I thought you can‘t hold the same technology twice in your hand.
Wouldn‘t it be possible to establish democracy, switch to communism and establish democracy again for example?
Some governments are available more than once and in my case you wouldn‘t hold the technology twice in your hand although you picked it up before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook Page 5 wrote:
You cannot take a technology card if you already have a card with the same name in your hand or in play.

So yes, it's possible to get the same government tech into play twice, but there are hoops to jump through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Rulebook Page 5 wrote:
You cannot take a technology card if you already have a card with the same name in your hand or in play.

So yes, it's possible to get the same government tech into play twice, but there are hoops to jump through.

Specifically, just so it's spelled out clearly: you need to change to a government, then another one, then pick the first government again and change to it.

So, for example, pick Constitutional Monarchy, change to it. Pick Republic, change to it. Then you can pick another Constitutional Monarchy, because it's no longer in your hand or in play. So do it, play it, it's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daming
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the help!

I found it easiest to play a 3 player game.

I picked up fundamentalism (I think) in age 1 then at the beginning of age 2 was able to get both ConMon and Robespierre and was able to use him to help the changeovers. I found it easier to switch back to an Age 1 gov after ConMon the first time since it was cheaper science wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.