Subject: Arkham Horror: Figures availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

It is still possible to get some (individual) figures not available on FFG website ?

Or not anymore.

E.g. I would like to buy Dark Young

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure these have been unavailable for about 2 years.

I myself would like to pick up all the base game Invesigators. Best I have found is getting Mansions of Madness has the unpainted minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Investigators are really hard to get. If you're willing to invest a lot of time and money in tracking them down, you should be able to, though.

Monsters are easier to find. Especially since there's more options than just the "official" minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was after a Dark Young for over 3 years to complete my collection...

The only way to get them (unpainted) is via the old "Call of the Wild" expansion for 1st edition Mansions of Madness (which used to be crazy expensive, but it's price has dropped due to second edition coming out) or via the Mansions of Madness second edition upgrade pack that contains the same set of minis.

Either route is going to be one, very expensive, Dark Young mini. But I tell ya, I've been scouring for one in the years previous, and they are GONE.

I really hoped they would bring them back, especially when they released the last few painted minis (effectively the ones from Mansions of Madness: second edition) to complete the collection. But the painted minis, especially those that were in the original Mansions of Madness sets, are pretty much solidly impossible to find (as with the investigator minis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
I was after a Dark Young for over 3 years to complete my collection...

The only way to get them (unpainted) is via the old "Call of the Wild" expansion for 1st edition Mansions of Madness (which used to be crazy expensive, but it's price has dropped due to second edition coming out) or via the Mansions of Madness second edition upgrade pack that contains the same set of minis.

Either route is going to be one, very expensive, Dark Young mini. But I tell ya, I've been scouring for one in the years previous, and they are GONE.

I really hoped they would bring them back, especially when they released the last few painted minis (effectively the ones from Mansions of Madness: second edition) to complete the collection. But the painted minis, especially those that were in the original Mansions of Madness sets, are pretty much solidly impossible to find (as with the investigator minis).

Don't give up. I only completed my set of investigators this year. By buying a complete set and selling off the half set I'd already hunted down.

Alternately: Here's some other minis you could use:

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=drak-young-of-...

http://www.avolakcastings.com/#!store/productsstackergallery...

http://fenrisgames.com/shop#!/FGCM12-Dark-young-of-Shub-Nigg...

If you buy one of the available "big" minis, you could even transplant the DY to a proper base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Wiorek
msg tools
I think I have seen sets of the figures on ebay the past week .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.