Hide
21 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: How long is pledge manager open? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
How long is pledge manager open? With Xmas and new year money is a little tight but want to add things to my pledge... anyone know how long the manager is going to be open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Phelps
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last KS update says the pledge manager will close on Jan 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completing and closing the Pledge Manager

Please complete AND confirm your pledge before the 15th of December.

After this date the delivery of your rewards (wave 1) could be delayed (from a few days to a few weeks) based on the quantity of products are sent to our distribution centers before the Chinese New Year.

The Pledge Manager will close on the 5th of January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They would like everyone to have their pledge manager forms completed by Dec. 15, or your products could be delayed. The pledge manager itself closes on January 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wrenn
United States
Bushkill
PA
flag msg tools
What? You thought I'd have some interesting overtext?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely stuck waiting til 1/5 on mine, unfortunately...just gonna have to be delayed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing how many people are so close to their credit line that $100 will put them over, but I guess it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
It's amazing how many people are so close to their credit line that $100 will put them over, but I guess it happens.

Everyone has their own finances to manage, but if some of these people were friends or family I would strongly advise they just skip this KS and get their finances in better shape. If you have a credit card where you are making minimum payments, you probably shouldn't be buying luxury items like $200+ boardgames... let alone what people should be saving for retirement.

I absolutely love this game. I evangelize this game at every opportunity... but if you paying for this game with a CC that you aren't paying off, the game is costing you double or triple or much much more than its stated cost and it's just not worth it.

Edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:
randiv wrote:

Everyone has their own finances to manage, but if some of these people were friends or family I would strongly advise they just skip this KS and get their finances in better shape. If you have a credit card where you are making minimum payments, you probably shouldn't be buying luxury items like $200+ boardgames... let alone what people should be saving for retirement.

I absolutely love this game. I wrote a evangelize this game at every opportunity... but if you paying for this game with a CC that you aren't paying off, the game is costing you double or triple or much much more than it's stated cost and it's just not worth it.

But $200 is the salary of just 1 day of work, it shouldn't make any difference...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't assume you understand the financial situation of others enough to give advice. I know you were not trying to be condescending, nor did you want to tell anyone what to do. And I certainly am not offended, either. But as it happens, I too am in a situation where I have to calculate carefully, and am rarely "flush" enough to have a hundred bucks to spare on a whim. Others in a similar situation could take offense...
😉
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I make a decent paycheck and I don't bring home $200 a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wrenn
United States
Bushkill
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I make a decent paycheck and I don't bring home $200 a day.

Same here, except for the decent part. And if you must know, major car repairs popped up, plus, I do have Christmas gifts to buy, and if it does come to it, I'd rather miss the expansions then leave someone without something under the tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I earned $200 a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agiorgitis wrote:
zjhomrighaus wrote:
randiv wrote:

I absolutely love this game. I wrote a evangelize this game at every opportunity... but if you paying for this game with a CC that you aren't paying off, the game is costing you double or triple or much much more than it's stated cost and it's just not worth it.

But $200 is the salary of just 1 day of work, it shouldn't make any difference...

Yeah, $25/hr represents a pretty good job these days... over $50k annual salary... and that doesn't account for taxes, health insurance, savings, etc. that come out of that paycheck before you get to cash it. Someone actually taking home $25/hr probably is earning more like $70 - $80k per year.

But all of that aside, it really doesn't matter what your salary is. If you make twice as much as someone else, but have twice the mortgage, car payments, multiple credit cards maxed up.. you are living paycheck to paycheck. There are a lot of people who earn well more than $100k per year who are functionally poor because they are upside down on homes/cars and their expenses are greater than their income.

As was pointed out earlier... it's impossible to know anyone's personal financial situation and foolish to pretend we can understand everyone's circumstances... but that said, I think basic sound financial advice is always worth mentioning and those who are in a position to heed it might benefit. There is no judgement here. Just a sincere hope that no one is hurting their financial future over a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$200 a day? I wish I earned $300 a day.

$249 base pledge + $20 add ons + $28 shipping = $297
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm considering asking for a refund. It's a little too much to spend on one game. I'm trying to sell it to myself as a collectors item that I can actually play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:

I guess most people who want to spread out their payments like to not be 100$ close to their credit line and like to always have ~400$ for emergencies or other eventualities without touching their savings. Spending over ~200$ for boardgames within a month is probably a little bit over the typical monthly boardgame budget for the most of us, especially with christmas coming up.

In the end I really enjoy boardgames and while I certainly like to spend a lot of money on this hobby, I won't go over my budget just because publishers fail to offer a reasonable way to acquire their products. I totally can understand why SP wants to confirm their pledges for the wave 1 shippment, but wave 2 is probably more than a year away and it's imo quite clear that they won't start production of wave 2 content before chinese new year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian G
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On a related note, can I complete the pledge manager today and then go back to add more items by the 15th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyp Ganner
Belgium
flag msg tools
billmcdougal wrote:
On a related note, can I complete the pledge manager today and then go back to add more items by the 15th?

You can. Once you've filled your pledge manager, you receive an email with a link to modify it should you need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
I wish I earned $200 a day.

No matter how much most people earn, it'll never be enough. You think ratings inflation is bad, you should see taste inflation as finances improve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wrenn
United States
Bushkill
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*click* Unsubscribe. This thread has drifted far enough for my tastes. It went from a simple question of how long is the pledge manager open to a reprimand on responsible spending habits vis-a-vis board games. Personally, I know a few people who have spent money in ways I thought were unwise, but I never saw it as my place to say anything to them. None of them were endangering dependent children with it, so I kept my mouth shut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony the Terrible
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I make $11.75 an hour. I'm pretty poor. Being poor doesn't make me any less of a gamer. If I have to put it on my credit card and pay it off over time, then I will do that haha. You can worry about getting your finances straight, and retirement too if you want... but in the end we shall both die. The only difference there will be (outside of whether you die in a $7000 a month retirement home, or in a ditch or cardboard box), is whether or not YOU got to play The 7th Continent. I'd rather have played it that not. Don't be that guy that never played it. Nobody wants to be that guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.