Wilderness War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stockade Construction in a Fort Under Construction Space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hindman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I've been following the BPA Tourney Journals on ACTS, and I have a question regarding the subject matter. This occurred in the QF 2 journal in the 1758 late season:
Entry #146: BR begin Fort at Laurel Ridge North. (Marker Placed)
Entry #187: BR wants to build Stockade in LRN. (He thought in a earlier entry that the marker was removed when a French Aux was there).
Entry #188: The FR player reminds the BR player that the Fort Under Const. marker is still in place, so he can finish the fort not build a stockade.
Entry #190: BR thought the marker was removed, so he will finish fort instead.
Here is the question. Why not be able to build the Stockade? Rule 5.43 One Per Space says "No space may have more than a single completed fortification. Rule 5.44 state that Forts under Construction..."in effect, they do not exist until completed" Also I believe that the British player at any time during his Action Phase (#190 above)could have demolished the Fort (Rule 5.46) Under Construction and then placed his Stockade. Thanks in advance for all your responses in the clarification of this matter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
News to me — I think he can build the Stockade. He’d have to remove it once the Fort is complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hindman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response Dave. As you referenced per Rule 5.43 "If a fort is completed in a space with a stockade, remove the stockade".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, stockade could be built -- the fort under construction counter is ignored for all purposes except possible removal by the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what about a friendly Indian settlement? The settlement is technically not a fortification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you build a fortification in a friendly Indian settlement?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, a fort on the Mohawk's home space saves them from being raided, so is a nice tactic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.