Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm working on a Valkyrie scenario that I am using as a training exercise. Once I finish it, I will make it available if it is any good.

After that, I am eyeing adapting some of the First Edition scenarios. Someone has done House Lynch, but the others are still out there. There are also several fan-made scenarios that I found to be good.

I have some original ideas, too, but I have found that working with a completed scenario is easier, and I'll use these for further training before doing a totally new one.

Anyway, the upshot is that I think it would be useful for people to let each other know which of the already-published scenarios they are working on, so as to avoid a possible duplication of effort.

So, what are you all working on?

Crispy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crispy66 wrote:
I'm working on a Valkyrie scenario that I am using as a training exercise. Once I finish it, I will make it available if it is any good.

After that, I am eyeing adapting some of the First Edition scenarios. Someone has done House Lynch, but the others are still out there. There are also several fan-made scenarios that I found to be good.
Crispy

In regards to the fan-made scenarios for 1st edition, I agree that there are several which are very good but I recommend contacting the designer before doing any work to convert them.

I've already part done (with Jurgen) a version of my fan written scenario Curse of the Pharaoh. The reason I've not released it is I am having more fun coming up with new stuff that really stretches the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
Glad to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using the first edition scenario "Blood Ties" to learn the app with. If I ever finish/release it is another matter entirely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
msg tools
mb
Nicola Zee wrote:
crispy66 wrote:

Crispy

In regards to the fan-made scenarios for 1st edition, I agree that there are several which are very good but I recommend contacting the designer before doing any work to convert them.

I've already part done (with Jurgen) a version of my fan written scenario Curse of the Pharaoh. The reason I've not released it is I am having more fun coming up with new stuff that really stretches the app.

I am in the same boat. I came up with a door blocking system in my most recent scenario... Then 2 weeks later they released Streets of Arkham, and it has a door blocking system in it. Going to make me look like I copied it now, rather than being a completely original idea .

I tried to do something a bit different (and non lovecraftian) with my first Scenario "Stress and Strain" and learnt a lot of lessons.

The newest scenario I am working on is a loose follow on from Stress and Strain, but brings us back to the lovecreaftian horror (I hope). Also a smaller board and only using "Base" game components.

After that I have another story idea, completely un-related to any other (more mechanics I want to try!). I am going to try and write each Scenario with only one expansion required.

For example:
Base
Base + RN
Base + BtT
Base + SM
Base + SoA

So that there is something for everyone!

If I would give any advice to would be scenario writers, don't make the mistake I did and start with a large board. I spent so much time making the board look like a town, only to find in play, the investigators ended up having to use full turns to move around! Make it smaller, and reuse the board. It makes the game feel more alive, have events or actions trigger other things happening elsewhere.

If you guys have any issues with the app, I wrote a tutorial https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gi5gTwKkw84Px0Lvk-bJ3Aml... (linked on the Wiki). If you can't find a topic, please feel free to raise an issue/request on my GitHub https://github.com/scrubbless/MoM2ndTutorial/issues and I will add a topic (or find out how to do it, then add a topic!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good work on the wiki help file.
I think it will help people who are designing Valkyrie scenarios a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
msg tools
mb
Nicola Zee wrote:
Good work on the wiki help file.
I think it will help people who are designing Valkyrie scenarios a lot.

I hoped it would make the prospect of writing scenarios a little less daunting for some. I work in IT (not programming admittedly, but know a fair amount) and it was daunting to learn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.