Subject: I just played through the app tutorial... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
And it was amazing! I soloed 4 heroes I’ve never gotten the chance to play. The setup is quicker and the rules are polished. I can’t wait to start the campaign. What are your guys’ thoughts? Did you like the tutorial?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,Justin...

totally agee.loved the tutorial.and very thorough.quite a few differences to RTL..and in a good way!
going to start the campaign tomorrow cant wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sieber
United States
McMinnville
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm looking forward to having some real talk with some real folks!
badge
Hi, I'm Matt, A radar technician.
mbmbmbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
And it was amazing! I soloed 4 heroes I’ve never gotten the chance to play. The setup is quicker and the rules are polished. I can’t wait to start the campaign. What are your guys’ thoughts? Did you like the tutorial?

I agree 100% well done... Campaign starts tonight at 7:00!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played through the tutorial this evening and it was actually my first ever game as well. Easy to follow and can't wait to get started on the campaign. My poor wallet is going to take a beating over this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the tutorial teach the game rules? Been playing a lot of Road to Legend so I can use the help!...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the app always reliant upon an internet connection?

Can it work from start to finish after installation without needing to connect to the net?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Does the tutorial teach the game rules? Been playing a lot of Road to Legend so I can use the help!...

It asks you if you’ve ever played IA before. I chose yes, so I don’t know if it’ll explain it if you choose no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
Is the app always reliant upon an internet connection?

Can it work from start to finish after installation without needing to connect to the net?

I don’t know why it wouldn’t work w/o a connection. You should be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played through the tutorial and 1 mission of the campaign... pretty cool surprises and chances to act beyond combat that makes it feel almost RPGish. Really enjoyed it. Im soloing 4 heroes and it might be to much to administrate. I wonder how would it scale with 2 heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
morgothrond wrote:
I played through the tutorial and 1 mission of the campaign... pretty cool surprises and chances to act beyond combat that makes it feel almost RPGish. Really enjoyed it. Im soloing 4 heroes and it might be to much to administrate. I wonder how would it scale with 2 heroes.

Yeah, one of my favorite things is the new attribute testing. I just love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll have to try it with 4 heroes. It was a bit less overwhelming with 2, but 4 is my next attempt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morgothrond wrote:

I'm wondering how it would work with 2 heroes as well. I want to play it with my son and I think it would be easiest for him to grasp if we just controlled one hero each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone give me an estimate about the lengte of the tutorial? I have 2 friends coming over tonight that never played and they are willing to try if it is not a complete evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stefaan wrote:
Can someone give me an estimate about the lengte of the tutorial? I have 2 friends coming over tonight that never played and they are willing to try if it is not a complete evening.
a couple of hours maybe a little more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Pantaloni
Italy
Camerata Picena
AN
flag msg tools
mb
Titeman wrote:

It asks you if you’ve ever played IA before. I chose yes, so I don’t know if it’ll explain it if you choose no.

Yes it does. Well, maybe not every little detail, but it does explain movement, line of sight, combat, special abilities etc.
I never played Imperial Assault before (but tons of Descent with the App) and it was enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross E
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm absolutely loving the app! I did a solo (4 hero) run through the first campaign mission earlier on and enjoyed every last second. My lips will remain tightly sealed to avoid spoilers.
You're going to love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hofer
United States
Fond du Lac
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I just bought SW:IA at B&N on sale last weekend, and I have been reading through the tutorial booklet. Is it recommended to play the tutorial from the booklet before doing a solo tutorial via the new app? Or, will the app’s tutorial also help me to understand the basics of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would read the learn to play guide but the app tutorial does walk you through most aspects of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited to hear all these positive reviews. My family mostly played skirmish because the campaign just didn't fit with us at the time and we were running Descent game. This sounds like it would be great for us. I am coming home on leave from Korea and if it works I might take my IA stuff back to Korea so I can keep playing Solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Pinckard
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
Reviews Board Games, Books, Etc.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's amazing I just finished the campaign. Also, skirmish is even better now that they got "fixes" for Han, Chewie, Vader, and IG88 so far so they are amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.