Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

This game looks fantastic. But it feels so bad to use stickers as a one time thing! Doesn’t that make it so you can’t start over and play again?

If so, could you just cut out the stickers and pa-erclip them instead this way you can play again? Or is there something else I am fundamentally missing?

And yes yes I know that’s the point of the game. Just wanted to brainstorm about options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grab a sticky note, stick it to the character screen, and track your stickers and experience.

There's no limit to the number of times you can play and there's plenty of duplicate stickers too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kehoe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 16 characters in the core box, and most of the stickers occur multiple times. Since the game is optimized for 4 players, that leaves a lot of extra characters for replays. And using stickers permanently does encourage you to try new things with the next Rogue rather than reusing the same build every time...

The Heroes of the Sword Coast expansion does include refills of all the stickers from the core set in addition to new cards and stickers, and another 32 character sheets.

That said, the paperclip option could certainly work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I use full adhesive post-it tape.

The 1" size (which is what is available) is too tall for the slots, so I cut off 1/4" from the bottom and use them elsewhere, such as for XP tracking, marking maxium HP, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fernbach
Germany
Neustadt
flag msg tools
mb
Here is what i've did with the Sticker to make them replayable:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/27546172#27546172

Asathyr wrote:
A quick update:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a lot of people asking this. You seriously get a lot of stickers, and for the beginning ones get duplicates (and even more dupes with the Heroes of the Sword Coast pack). I wouldn't sweat it. A recharge pack is announced as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne Koekemoer
South Africa
Boksburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mb
SteoanK wrote:
I see a lot of people asking this. You seriously get a lot of stickers, and for the beginning ones get duplicates (and even more dupes with the Heroes of the Sword Coast pack). I wouldn't sweat it. A recharge pack is announced as well.

Agreed. Just use the stickers.

I am currently running 3 different parties, 7 characters in total, and lack of stickers and characters has not been a problem at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EtienneK wrote:
SteoanK wrote:

I am currently running 3 different parties, 7 characters in total, and lack of stickers and characters has not been a problem at all.

While I can apriciate and respect the “just use the stickers” mentality, and those that take it, that’s really not what this thread was intended to be about.

I am a collector as much as a player and will not be using the stickers even if there are plenty. So I wanted to discuss options.

I am not investigating sticky magnet squares to have them magnetically stick to character sheets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EtienneK wrote:
SteoanK wrote:

Agreed! There are so many characters and stickers. Hell, half the fun is actually making the character card your own. It fits the D&D feel. We even use dry erase markers and right on the character cards! It is a game. have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently at 113 xp and each of us have easily gone through 20 or so stickers over the course of the campaign.

I have zero regrets about using post-it label tape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
If it's anything like the material used in Shadowrun Crossfire, the stickers can easily be peeled off, and are even reusable if you're careful not to bend the edges too much.

There is absolutely nothing preventing you from playing this game a thousand times with the original materials (other than things falling apart from use). The stickers can (likely) be reused with care, and you can always track things on paper if you needed for more of a D&D feel.

I also don't understand your comment about being a "collector". This is a game that comes with stickers, and they're designed to be used. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to, it's not a legacy game where components are being ripped apart, and the board gets stickers which are vital to be able to see at a moment's notice. If you're concerned about resale in the future, than writing things down may be a good idea, but if you're going to have it sitting on your shelf with a large collection of other games, why does it matter if some of the stickers are not on their sticker sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
If it's anything like the material used in Shadowrun Crossfire, the stickers can easily be peeled off, and are even reusable if you're careful not to bend the edges too much.

In my testing, I found it not to be like Crossfire in this capacity. It was very easy to reuse the Crossfire stickers, but the Dragonfire stickers do not remove easily and when you get them off, they do not re-stick well at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pufky
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daskindt wrote:
In my testing, I found it not to be like Crossfire in this capacity. It was very easy to reuse the Crossfire stickers, but the Dragonfire stickers do not remove easily and when you get them off, they do not re-stick well at all.

Darn, that stinks. Shadowrun Crossfire was great in that regard. We've restuck some of the 5 karma stickers upwards of 10 times now. Always careful to remove them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateo
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cut them out and paperclip them and I like the look better than using post-it notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.