Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card is # 9 FW von Steuben. The British bot would take the event which states ‘British may Skirmish in up to 3 spaces’ because it inflicts Rebal casualties. My question is this, I know Skirmish is a SA but in this case is it looked at as an event? So with General Howe when the British perform a SA you can lower the FNI by one. So does this count as a SA or Event? If it’s and SA can Howe’s capability be played more than once??? I only have one blockade on the board so I am going to rule this is a SA and remove it according to the capability. Can you guys please clarify this for me so I can correct mistakes in future play or know if I am doing it right?

Thanks!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grif66642 wrote:
I know Skirmish is a SA

Skirmish in one space is one SA. Skirmish in three spaces would be three SAs.

Howe's ability says:
Quote:
Before executing a British
SA 1rst lower FNI 1 level.

It does not have any requirements regarding why you are executing that SA. All it says is that whenever you execute a British SA, completely regardless of whether you do it together with a Command or because an Event tells you to, you first get to reduce FNI by one level.

The "Von Steuben" Event allows the British to Skirmish in three spaces. The way Skirmish is defined by rule 4.2.2, that means three separate SAs - or rather up to three, since the British can only Skirmish in spaces that have both British Regulars and Rebellion units pieces.

This Event can be extremely powerful for the British... if the Rebellion Factions give them the opportunity to play it, that is.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Oerjan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.