Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Impaling Eruption query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Cocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been asked, but I couldn’t find an answer after searching.

With Impaling Eruption, do all enemies targeted along the path get attacked, or is it just the primary target (I.e. the path targeting is just for the purposes of gaining XP?)

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Putnam
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They all get attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disco Lando
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
They all get attacked. Also, the path doesn't have to be straight, though each hex along the path has to be closer to your target than the previous hex.

Edit: Thanks Justin, I was playing it wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says "target all enemies on the path to the target". That means they all get attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skevoid wrote:
They all get attacked. Also, the path doesn't have to be straight, though each hex along the path has to be closer to your target than the previous hex.

That is not correct, you do not have to get closer with each hex. You could go in a circle around you if you wanted, albeit at disadvantage.

From the FAQ

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Impaling Eruption (Card 062):
As with any ranged ability, you can trace the path to your target however you would like. It doesn't have to be in a straight line. For instance, the Spellweaver could hit all of these hexes with this action by tracing the path along the red arrows:

Also note that this is a ranged attack, so any attack against someone adjacent to you has disadvantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambit001 wrote:
skevoid wrote:

That is not correct, you do not have to get closer with each hex. You could go in a circle around you if you wanted, albeit at disadvantage.

From the FAQ

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Impaling Eruption (Card 062):
As with any ranged ability, you can trace the path to your target however you would like. It doesn't have to be in a straight line. For instance, the Spellweaver could hit all of these hexes with this action by tracing the path along the red arrows:

Also note that this is a ranged attack, so any attack against someone adjacent to you has disadvantage.

Wish I had checked the FAQ for this now. I hate three enemies nearly lined up. And decided not to do it because they weren't "straight". Now I know I could have completed the scenario faster and gotten 4? XP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.