9 Posts

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » Variants

Subject: New content I'm 'Slowly' working on. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
Very bare bones at the moment as I'm writing up my notes before I transfer everything across. As I'm currently fine tuning and adjusting a few sections to make transferring much easier. I've got my files set up in a way for me to check balance and themes before I 'attempt' to match folklores running content with using greenbriers art package etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SxdCf3YwueCs1SIPjzYE...

Any thoughts or suggestions are always welcome.

Regards

Andrew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
For the provided link one has to have a google account to proceed? Normally one can see the files without login seems to be your private link maybe? Am i right?

Cheers
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what peter said..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
Mmmm not sure thought I set all settings to view. One moment and will see if I missed anything to fiddle with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
If you retry let me know and will see if any of my changes are sucessful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to work fine now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Dan, no clue I must have mixed up the spreadsheets I linked earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Drewtavian wrote:
Thanks Dan, no clue I must have mixed up the spreadsheets I linked earlier.

Like where this is going.

FYI: Since you seem hell bent on doing alot of custom content creation, Here is an example gdoc worksheet of how we format the cards for internal rapid production.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lj5PdTGfHQJuNAm-e0q...

each tab is a single deck, or in the case of character/ghost creature/skirmishes, one side of a deck. Each row within each tab you are looking at, with their stats, special abilities and powers. Some content blocks use <CR><BR> for scripted line breaks. and anything with <red>blablabla</red> becomes formatted like a keyword.

No cells should contain actual line breaks as these break the import.

Once a sheet like the one above is filled out, re-exporting cards is about a *5-10min process for 5 or 500 cards. *this is for perfectly formatted text. if text is larger then normal, or poorly formatted, tweaking can take alot longer to get things to look correct.

If you add a new tab to your sheet with your data formatted like the sheet above, I can push those to our format and post a print friendly pdf (x2 4x6in post cards/sheet) for the community to test drive.

image wise, if you want included artwork, add another column called @artwork, and include an HTML link to a PNG graphic ideally with transparent background(creative commons licensing preferred). or something like: use mystic companion art for this new character card..

Note, I am open to anyone else trying to do this, but take note, I'm not the wordsmith, whatever you write is up to you to proof read. Also, I'm likely only working on folkore stuff until the end of the year, then moving on to another project, and so I won't have all my tools at hand for running these odd jobs for the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dock
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for the advice and information Zee as always its greatly appreciated.

I will see if I can put some time a side this week and see if I can work though some of the content.

Not the only one who would say you will be sorely missed as an aide and inspiration on here Zee when you move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.